View Single Post
Old 23-08-2008, 17:40   #2
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Hello Satu

The guaranties are different from breeder to breeder and also depends on what kind of paper the breeder use or the low in there country.

But what scares me is that you ask your self this now after a tragically death and not before you start breeding !!!

And above all of this you blame the new owner, that did all in her power to save this pup, even when you told her "Do not operate and put the pup to sleep instead, and I can give you a new one" Hard and un human.

Jenny did tray to save this pup whit all her power, even if you did not have a breeder insurance AT ALL and her insurance did not cover this yet, sense the pup got sick already day tree in Sweden. What we do know is that two of your dogs got sick to during this time, maybe the same sickness ???

Jenny did all the Veterinary told her to do and can not be blamed fore this tragically death !!!

If I was you I would give her a new puppy or the money back if that is what she wont.

I did talk to the Veterinary my self before the puppy was put to sleep, and they say " It is nothing we can do fore her any more, she will only suffer and not get better"

Even if I do not have any thing to do whit this economic, I have offer Jenny a new puppy from my first litter for free if she do not have any CsV in about 3,5-4 years when I plan to have my first litter (if everything turns out well whit health, X-ray, work and show. Because that I think this is so tragically and I trust Jenny to be the best CsV owner a CsV can have, and to me that is more important then the money I would get by selling that puppy.

But NO I do not think that the sickness was hereditary, but some times a puppy can get sick even in the most healthy blood line or combination. And the most important in a situation like this is hove the breeder reacts and support the new sad and devastated owner, not the money !!!

And I do not se that you would ask this question if you was to have a breeder insurance, there fore I think the mistake are made by you Satu not Jenny !!!

But sense you are asking, in Sweden the breeder is responsible fore the puppy in till it turns 6 month if the sickness or death are hereditary or a hidden fault, To pay 100% money back or give a new puppy and to pay 100% of all cost fore veterinary under this time and the rest of the dogs life to if it lives but have a defect that need treatment, but this is Swedish low not Finish low !!! if I was you I would ask the Finish kennel club and not the people on this forum. But by the hard low in Sweden you can understand that ALL serius breeder have a breeder insurance here, so we do not relaly have this problems !!!

Sad Regards to Jenny / Mikael