View Single Post
Old 23-02-2010, 14:15   #18
draggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post
Tamaskan is been breed for looks and behavior.
We all know the CWS behavior and that is not what we want in the Tamaskan. So yes there are breeds that look the same just take the Saarloos.....
Every breed has it's reason and purpose and IMO the only acceptable reason to cross breed (any breed) is to create a new breed that fills a gap in the dog world. Breeding cross-breeds for money or just ease IMO is unethical to begin with. "They make good pets" is not a good reason.

Any puppies sold during the "transition" period (while the new breed is being engineered (for the lack of a better term) should all be spayed / neutered when they reach the correct age.

Quote:
It is a big shame that breeders(not real tamaskan breeders) will use a story and try to really crossbreed them with CWS because they do not know what they create, just for the use of selling there litter better. They can not use the standard of a Tamaskan if they use another breed because the easy behavior of the dog will be gone. Just like any CWS,Saarloos and real Tamaskan owner is that where we all fighting against.
So please any CWS or Saarloos owner please please please never let one of your dogs been used for this unethical practise
No dog (of any breed) should be used for unethical breeding. This is a major issue here in the USA - too many unethical breeders breeding and selling the pups too young (I just saw on another forum someone's family got a puppy - the "last one" from the litter, at 5 weeks - yes, I went off on them), don't require neuter / spay so then these new pet owners can breed "pet" dogs thus contributing to an exploding pet overpopulation.

Luckily, the vlcak breed is still very new in the USA so it can be monitored who gets the puppies and make sure people with the dogs' and breed's best interests in mind as opposed to their own agenda but sadly there WILL be a time when this can no longer be monitored. As the breed becomes more popular (and I know there is a small demand for wolf-hybrids here) more unethical breeders will pop up, just look at how damaged the German shepherd breed is here.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote