Thread: Furminator?
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2011, 21:26   #11
Tassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvester View Post
Hi and Hello to everybody here first of all ! -

I watched the little discussion here and I want to ask a simple question to you :

Is it really needed to brush a Csv ??
Who is brushing wild canides outside in the forest ?

I remember some years ago we had a simular thread on German wolfdog forum, it was about may be cutting hair of Csv in summer during the hottest time of the year...

At last most people agreed to the opininon, that of course it is not needed or senseful - because our breed is not a poodle or bobtail and still has his natural coat, which is very good adapted to all seasons of the year and all temperatures by changing the structure and density of hair without any need of manipulation by human hands.

I keep my dog 99 percent of time outside, not inside my house, even in cold winter time and he changes his winter to summer fur-coat very easily and without any "help" in some two or three weeks in spring time.

If you have the dog most or all time inside house it might be a little different, but I think even then it´s not needed to do great work on hair and coat, some brushing with normal brush for dogs is just enough.

Best greetings , Silvester from Germany
I'm afraid my dogs are inside dogs and all that comes with it Hair is brushed out otherwise they get itchy and my floors take twice as long to clean....

And call me vain - I like my dogs to look nice so I get rid of the tufts
Tassle jest offline   Reply With Quote