View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:50   #7
Fede86
Entità cinofila da web...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
It also reinforces to the public that she is NOT a wolf-hybrid, she is a dog and 3% sounds "friendlier" to them and 30%.
I may be wrong... but I don't think that the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog really has 30% of wolf blood. I think the actual percentage, from a genetic point of view, is much lower than that. I remember someone on the Italian forum said he did a genetic test on his wolfdogs and it showed that the actual wolf blood percentage was lower than 4%, so I guess that when you tell people your dog is no more 3% wolf you are probably not lying.
I guess that at this point of development of the breed, and after so many generations from the last pure wolf, they should be considered DOGS. They may be a “difficult” and peculiar breed, yes, but they are still dogs.
And if we actually portrayed them as such, there would be many less fanatical people getting them because they want a “wolf”. I think that it would have been better for the sake of the breed if it’s name was “Czechoslovakian Shepherd” instead of “Czechoslovakian Wolfdog”, but this is of course just a personal opinion

Last edited by Fede86; 09-06-2010 at 11:01.
Fede86 jest offline   Reply With Quote