View Single Post
Old 22-11-2005, 03:08   #8
Dharkwolf

Send a message via ICQ to Dharkwolf Send a message via MSN to Dharkwolf Send a message via Skype™ to Dharkwolf

Nebulosa,

I thank you for your ideas, as I know that they are based in a desire to help, however you may want to consult in detail what the Dangerous and Wild animals regulations imply namely:

1) The animals must be caged at all times
2) The fact that they may be kept does not imply that breeding is legal
3) Even if they could be bred, trade in Dangerous and Wild animals is not legal in the UK – therefore the owner would have to keep all the pups (in a cage)
4) In practice the infrastructure needed to comply with the Dangerous and Wild animals act is not dissimilar to that of a zoo
5) Only seven licenses have been granted for the keeping of wolves or wolf-hybrids in the UK (CSW are considered wolf hybrids there) none have been granted for CSWs – any CSWs found by DEFRA have been confiscated
6) Hybrids (which is how DEFRA classes CSW), as opposed to “true” wild animals are of no ecological value, therefore if DEFRA does find these animals they will be confiscated and very possibly sacrificed. (The cost of keeping with their own regulation is too high for DEFRA…)

In short – I do not know of anyone who has CSW and the infrastructure needed to comply with DEFRA regulations. Even if they did, who in their right mind would want to keep CSW in such conditions? While CSW are not banned per se in the UK it is a de-facto ban – there are no known CSW in the UK and will never be until DEFRA reviews its position as regards to the Dangerous and Wild Animals act.

I suggest that you review the DEFRA site for information on the Dangerous and Wild Animals act if you are interested in the subject.
Dharkwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote