Thread: HD results
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2009, 11:38   #40
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
What I really wonder about is of the Elbows results, nobody make this exam and when its made its possible to find even breeders using affected dogs, as if Elbows displasy was not important ( when in truth the problem is bigger than the Hips one), and yes, the breed is affected with this problem, we only don'thave many positives because nobody test! it's really a problem and will turn the things difficult if people don't start to get aware, test the dogs and took out of breeding the affected dogs.
Yes, you right.... We checked the dogs with ED-problems and there are more and more dogs with elbow dysplasia. Mainly because some breeders do not care about it...

The most cases are found in Italy but not because it is "italian probem" but because many dogs are checked there (here I want to say thank you tothe owners who check the dogs!).... But we saw some dogs with visible problems with elbows also in Czech Repoublic and some other countries - nobody speaks about such problem there because almost nobody check the elbows there and the problem stay "hidden".

What I must say: your breed is not free of the elbows problems. It is pretty seldom BUT the the ED seem to be highly inheritated (much more that the HD). So the possibility that offspring of a dog with ED problems will also have ED is VERY HIGH. Because of this we decided to remove all stud dogs with ED worser that ED 0/0 from the stud dog list and suggest the breeders also to check elbows by their dogs. EXPECIALLY in the lines where ED problems appear....

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote