Thread: HD results
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2009, 07:14   #25
michaelundinaeichhorn

I don´t see any sense in posting the photos knowing that even not specialized vets are sometimes wrong in judging the degree in about 2 grades. As Paula wrote there are several points that go into the HD-result.
Looking at the x-rays shown here I must say that - if they are the original one - two of them would have been refused the judgement because of not fullfilling the quality standarts of the German VDH-judges.

There is an easy solution to that problem, like for Dwarfs there is a genetic test now awailable for HD, inveted by a German institut and verified on German Shepherds. They now start to verify it for other breeds and the waiting list is long but I will arrange for it. My problem is, as I wrote before in this forum without reaction, I need 500 CSW that have official results, half of them free, half of them with HD. It is impossible to get this amount only in Germany so please, if you and/or your breeding club is willing to help me send me a message. It makes no sense for me to even start asking if I am not able to get those dogs.

It has been shown that even in breeds with very low incidence of HD like Belgium Shepherds there is an astonishing amount of carriers, what means that if you know the genetic status you can avoid combinations that will result in bad HD-offspring. Every breeder here will agree with me that this will be a great gift.
They are working on test for Epilepsy and ED as well, maybe I could arrange something on that too.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote