View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:58   #6
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
I did also had contact whit a breeder from Poland, if I do not remember wrong it was 1200 Euro in 2008 for a female puppy
Who was it? Could you send me the name to my PW - I'm really curious ?

The price for a SHOW quality puppy in Poland in about 650-850 EUR (depends on breeder and not on the quality of the parents). If someone asked 1200 EUR from you - it was typical "sucker hunt" (breeders are asking much higher price that the puppy is worth and hope they will find someone who will be pay such price and they will get 2x or 3x more money than they get for a puppy which they sell to other people)... Sorry, I don't like it but it is pretty common behaviour of many breeders in this part of Europe...

To be honest the puppy prices base on nothing... You can buy offsprings of "super champions" for a very fair price and poor quality puppies for thousands of Euro...
This year I had people interested in buying a cheaper pet-quality puppy. I suggested them to send emails to unknown breeders from Poland, Slovakia and Czech Republic which have not so good quality dogs without any show results and with no serious achievements as breeders. We were shocked because the prices they asked were higher than the show quality puppies in Poland...

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote