View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 20:05   #3
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Hello Everyone

I am just curious and hope I do not offend anyone. It is just this, there are, as many of you know, breeders in the UK who are crossing the CWD and SWH. These people seem to view the dogs as a business.

In the UK :

To buy a full CWD costs approx £1500 from such people and the SWH is priced at £2500. I just wondered how these costs compare to elsewhere in the world? And how much it would cost to send a dog to the UK?
Hello Butterfly

It is hard to give you a good and correct answer, as the prices depends on if the puppies parents are from a very good line or not, or if they have HD results or if they have a excellent bonitation code generation after generation or not

But... I can give you some example that I know of...

Male Puppy from Finland 2400 Euro in 2007
Female puppy from Finland 1800 Euro 2008
Female Puppy from Germany 1200 Euro 2008
Female Puppy Italy 1200 Euro 2009

But remenber it can vary alot from breeder to breeder and line to line...

I did also had contact whit a breeder from Poland, if I do not remember wrong it was 1200 Euro in 2008 for a female puppy

The prices are off course higher in countries where there is less breeders as the breeder there had to import there dogs to, and travel long way to buy, bonitate or mate...as in Finland, Sweden and the UK...

Import licence to UK I know nothing about, in Sweden it is 100 Euro.

The travel to visit and pick up your puppy is like on a normal holiday and depends where you go and how you go there I did fly whit my dog inside Sweden 2008 whit SAS, the payment was only 30 Euro extra for the dog but then I did bring my own aproved flying cage...

Very best regards / Mikael

Last edited by Mikael; 05-05-2009 at 20:15.
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote