View Single Post
Old 23-03-2011, 18:10   #7
Gypsy Wolf

Personally, getting Pollux was NOT my choice (no offence meant to his breeder!)... my friend was the one who had fallen in love with Luna, and desperately wanted a vlcak of her own. Since she knew nothing of what was around and available, I helped her with a list of breedings, pups on the ground, etc. I gave her the information I could find, and selecting Pollux was her choice completely.
She was a little hasty in her decision, I think - she wanted a vlcak immediately and figured that if she got a pup young enough she could mold it to whatever she wanted, regardless of genetics, environment, etc. She felt she could do that.
Pollux was frustrating and she offered co-ownership to me. Since he was living in an outdoor kennel on her property, Ed and I decided to bring him into our home and see what we could do with him ourselves.
I would not have chosen Pollux only because I was NOT in the market for another vlcak! One is enough for me!
So it is really a matter of the dog falling into our lap - NOT through our choice. I really wish that it had worked out for her - he is a lot of work, and is NOT like the other dogs she is used to working with - Malinois, retrievers, etc. and maybe that is part of the problem.
So now he is in our home and treated like all of our other dogs. He is really a stunningly beautiful boy and has some interesting quirks - like he brings me the water bucket when it is empty to tell me to fill it - and I hope that he fulfills his potential in the future.
But no - I wouldn't have chosen Pollux as I was NOT looking for another vlcak... Luna is more than enough to keep me busy! However now that we have him, I am committed to do what I can to maximize his abilities.
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote