View Single Post
Old 23-03-2011, 15:10   #6
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
He was (and I think IS, normally) a very social boy once we had gotten him past his puppyish environmental sensitivities. Now he is acting like he did when we first got him - situations that he has experienced many times are now "scary" like they were when I first started socializing him.
I can't help you, since I never had a male vclak and our female has been shy neither as a pup, nor youngster, nor is she now. She's always been open and friendly to people (when young, even too friendly!) and her maturing was a continuous process. We do have sometimes minor problems with her, but well, 1. there are always reasons, usually on our side, 2. that's the beuaty of the breed, isn't it

But I wanted to ask you an OT question: I remember our dicussions here from about year ago, when you were getting Pollux to train him into a "working dog". I remember people trying to warn you against such a fast decision and advising more research on kennels, ancestors, characters in vlcaks' lines, etc. etc.

I know that you probably love Pollux dearly and wouldn't exchange him for any other dog, but do you think now, from the perspective of the year spent with vlcaks, your decision was right?

I'm asking this question out of pure curioisty, without any irony or criticism (well Pollux is your pet, it's your life and your decision, not to be questioned by anybody).

Maybe I would put it differently: if a new vlcak enthusiast wanting to get a csv pup as soon as possible, from whichever breeder was ready to sell and send it overseas at a reasonable price turned to you for advice, what would be your reaction now?

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote