View Single Post
Old 31-12-2012, 12:35   #4
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avgrunn View Post
About pooing - I do not know how you managed it when she was a puppy, when my Uro was fed, he was immediately walked out, before going to sleep he was out, after waking up the same, during the day every two hours also out, even during the night I would wake up and go out with him. And we have no problems. Maybe you should try the same, treat her like a puppy walk her very often so she could understand that pooing can be done only outside. And maybe award her for doing that outside, we were always trying to be very enthusiastic when Uro did his things outside You also have to read your dog, I know when Uro wants to go out, he doesn't have to tell me his behaviour shows me.
Very good advice! Additinally, when our girl was a puppy and we were training her, we found it very helpful to use two different expressions: one for a "bad home poo" and another one for a "nice outdoor poo". She was told off for the first one, (not really aggressively, but I was kinf of grumbling) and she was praised for the other one. Once we started using two different words, she grasped the trick very quickly.

Last edited by Rona; 31-12-2012 at 12:40.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote