View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 20:35   #11
Gypsy Wolf

I have enough "evidence" from credible sources to believe Pollux has some Saarloos blood in him through his Y litter dam. I have no interest in exposing those sources, nor do I care enough to go through the expense of a DNA analysis that may or may not prove anything (particularly if the Saarloos was not a "red").
He has not been registered, is neutered, and would not have been bred anyway, due to his character faults, that he is a DM Carrier, and if indeed the Y litter ends up being tested and positive for Saarloos genetics, his registration/titles and any offspring's registration/titles would be null and void.
We do not care one way or another whether or not Pollux has Saarloos in there or not. He is in a very loving, PATIENT and happy home, is kept active and stimulated and continues to be socialized extensively in an attempt to improve his temperament issues.
I am not insulting the breeder - sometimes "oops" breedings happen - without the breeder's knowledge and as both breeds are very similar, such an accidental "mix" would not necessarily be evident until adulthood - if even then. I am sure there was no attempt to intentionally fool us. He has enough Saarloos traits to lead me to believe there may be some in there, and as far as I know the Y litter question has not been answered. At this point enough time has gone by and the things we wanted to do with him initially no longer apply, so it doesn't matter to us whether his is 100% Vlcak or not.
We love him, goofy personality and all, and I believe that is the only thing that really matters.
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote