View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 18:09   #11
Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocalle View Post
Baz

already I have written on this I would like to clarify, once again, that I do not want to generate mistakes. We all are very respectful with the race and his creators. Still we are very small that we know this one dog in our country. There exists a mistake in which I am not similar either but it is not in my hand to solve it. The FCI translated the race to the English and the canine Latin companies did the translation to the Mexican one and of there the name comes. I believe that it is important that in our country this race is identified well and does not get confused with what is in the habit of being thought often.
Hi Pedro ,
I think that most people on this forum are trying to do the right thing by this breed & I also want to say that it's great that you have an official club going. Perhaps as the official club you will have more authority to push for an official name change, I appreciate the difficulties you have with the name "wolfdog", in the U.S. they have many wolf-dog hybrids & that is one of the reasons why they chose the name "vlcak" instead of wolfdog so there would be no confusion. Whether it's possible for a name change, I don't know.

I must however agree with Leila, that to leave out "Slovakian" from "Czechoslovakian" is insulting for 2 reasons, firstly it undermines the nationality of a proud independent country & people & secondly it ignores the very important contribution that many Slovaks had towards our breed. Here is not the place for a history lesson, everyone knows the history of our breed, (if not then start googling ). Also let us not forget that Slovakia is the patron nation of the breed & deserves our respect "officially" even if it is not used colloquially. I say this with a certain sense of irony as I often have to correct (English speaking) people that I live in the Czech Republic & not Czechoslovakia!

Having said all that I wish you good luck & success with the club!
Baz jest offline   Reply With Quote