View Single Post
Old 22-03-2011, 03:55   #3
Gypsy Wolf

Default Fear Period/Regression

As my hubbie posted earlier, we seem to be having some "regression" issues in our household with Pollux. He is 13 months old and I have been told CsVs have "stormy adolescence" periods... I assumed that meant dominance issues, but Pollux seems to be having fear issues.
He was (and I think IS, normally) a very social boy once we had gotten him past his puppyish environmental sensitivities. Now he is acting like he did when we first got him - situations that he has experienced many times are now "scary" like they were when I first started socializing him. He is in total avoidance of new humans and new dogs - and he used to be VERY social with other "new" dogs.
I am thinking it is just a developmental stage, but I am not sure, and I don't know how long to expect this butt-head behavior.
I am NOT going to change our routine of training, but I will not put pressure on him at this time, for fear of making it worse. I was panning to give it 4 to 6 weeks, but again, I am not sure how long such a stage would last.
Would really appreciate anything people could chare with me about the developmental stages of a male CsV... I refuse to give up on him as I think his real personality is super...
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote