View Single Post
Old 15-02-2008, 20:48   #30
roo

Seems like we are zeroing in on Virginia as a good central "eastern" location for the Vlcak owners that we are aware of (sorry California and Colorado). Virginia would be a several day drive for me as well from Louisiana, but I don't mind and plan to turn this into a "family" summer vacation if we can pull this together and make it happen. Luray, wintergreen, it doesn't matter to me. I will rely on others from or more familiar with Virginia to help make these calls and provide info.

I also know that there is a brother (Brix) from the litter of my Cescie Bell lives in Washington State, but I've lost email contact with the owner. I'm pretty sure that there are others spread out through the U.S. that we aren't aware of on this board or this thread.

We know it won't be feasible for all Vlcak owners to make this meeting, but if we can get some sort of breed club established then it would make it much easier to have a record of U.S. owners that choose to register. Maybe another good step would be to try and get everyone to register their Vlcak with the AKC Foundation Stock Service (something I have not done yet)? I don't know as I'm completely new to all this AKC or breed club stuff.

I really like the idea of trying to get some information or agendas from European CZW clubs to use as a guide. Anyone with any knowledge of the way other U.S. breed clubs are set up or run would be extremely beneficial as well. A CZW breed club could do wonders to protect this breed's reputation, be a U.S. informational resource for prospective owners, help all of the participants with soultions to any unique issues from diet to legal to behavior, and help legitimize this breed in the U.S..

Most of all, I'm really looking forward to meeting other Vlcak's and their owners! Consider me confirmed for a VA meeting this summer.

If I can help organize or in any other way, please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]. Thanks!

Robert
roo jest offline   Reply With Quote