View Single Post
Old 23-11-2009, 22:22   #15
wolf_hu

Hi,

just for information: a breeder who I know, asked me to search for a cargo flight from Hungary (Budapest, BUD) to Cyprus (Larnaca, LCA), as I speak better hungarian. I asked our own national airways, then a cargo company, who are specilazied also for living animal (from mice up to a giraffe ), because the usual parcel services like DHL don't deal with living animal.
The price for a less, than two-hours flight was nearly 260.000,- HUF which is approx 950 EUR (it was the proud offer of the cargo service). The national airlines wanted to take this job something above 1100,- EUR! And, as mentioned, for less than 1500 km flight, I was really shocked. And they deliver animal (at least dogs) up to 9 weeks or elder....
When I calculated the fuel and toll costs, it was realized, that with a cheap diesel car it could be a good mediterranian trip, for less money, especially, when the new owner picks up the puppy at Europe / Mainland, so we don't have to pay for the ferry.

So, if You find a wolfdog for adoptation in Europe, You have to calculate at least with the abovementioned price for the oversea cargo.

Cats: My first wolfdog came to us as she was 1 year old. I was lucky, because she accepted my cats, but, despite of that, I had to punish her a few times, till she learnt, that hunting for cats - even as a ''hobby 4 fun'' - (imagine my cat was sleeping on the sofa, and she came silently into the room, and jumped near my cat, just to see her escaping...thats funny...she thought) is strictly prohibited at us....

Greetings from Hungary
wolf_hu jest offline   Reply With Quote