View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 03:02   #20
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
why would people want to send bad dogs as the dogs sent would represent the breed, in Europe you health check dogs as in uk, but you also have bonitation code so it is up to you to give best advise to people on where to get good dogs from for export, the new dogs are an example of the breed and it is of utmost importance that they are very good examples of the breed. it would be madness to send bad dogs. i take no notice of champion status, its the dog i look at and whats behind it, the show world is same everywhere dogs that are in very small classes can become champion and then you have not the dog champion but who is on other end of lead rope, my friend is judge champion,,,,,,
Because commonly they don't care for what is going on at other lands, principally far away ones, if the breeding have problems or not its not their problem if the breed in their country is fine, so, at end in truth exportations for some countries are only for send outside dogs wich they don't want, and I don't talk here only of introduct a new breed but about bring new lined dogs also.
I considere it madeness because I see non sense in it, I would never do something like that principally because I know how its difficult to bring dogs from outside, but its a sad truth in mostly cases.
For you have an idea, people here for years try to bring good european lined dobermann to my country, but mostly of the breeders give up because the are enough to pay a lot for a supposedly excelent puppie, and arrives a completly different one, sometimes even with different pedigree, so they use americans dobermanns not because its the nicer, but because is where they found honest breeders wich send what they promited.

Unhaply this isn't a far truth for CzW, I had already listen a lot of hystories wich can be confirmed of the same thing, people solding dogs of the "suposedly best litter of the year" when in truth it's a litter that only by the line itself nobody on the country wants have it, you can find even on our breed hole litters beging sold outside because it, for the breed this litter have no value and will not be selled easy on the origin countrie.

How many cases of good addult bonitated and X rayed dogs that was sold happen on CzW? I think we can count on our fingers, without talk about the value of those dogs, even because none will want to give away a good lined, interessing, bonitated and X rayed stud to a country so far away that they have a high probability to never more seen this dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschia
That's why I said bonitated. If you buy bonitated dogs, you know what you are getting.

I personally don't approve of selling bad pups to countries for starting breeding there...
What you wrote seems I can confirme for mostly Slovakians I know, but unhaply its like an exception then mostly part of other countries think pretty different, principally when we talk about send dogs soo far away, so, for those commonly its valid what I wrote for Paul above.