View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:14   #10
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
Sorry, I think 30 days is too long for any puppy, and wolfdog especially, that's a month lost in learning that there is a world full of people and cars and other dogs. I wouldn't recommend anybody to do that. If anybody wants to import, I would recommend getting a young (and best also bonitated and X-rayed dog - so you can use it safely for breeding) which is already socialized, or coming to Europe and socialize it themselves, or if both are impossible, wait a couple of years and get an Australia-born pup.
hi, I am exporting two cwd to Australia, the importation regulations vary, Europe is different from uk, it differs as in if the country is classified as rabies free, with vaccinations and blood test the earliest a pup could leave uk is approx 4 mths old, i have explained to the new owners about the cwd and that i am not happy about the 30 days quarenteen, they are checking with ministry vets to see if it is possable to import without this 30 days, if not both new owners have agreed that i keep the dogs with me till they are 7-9 mths old, all my breeding stock is health tested, we do not have bonitation in uk but i use copy of the code on my dogs to best of my ability, i also get help from very senior uk judge, i also worry as it is very long flight, i have spoken to another breeder of Akitas in uk as he exported to Aus, he give me email of importer who got a dog from uk, he has told me that the dog he got from uk arrived safe and well and did not seem to be overly affected by the long flight, but this was Akita not cwd,,,I have warned both people that i am still not 100% on sending dogs to Australia, both said they will understand if i change my mind, hard decision,,,,,pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote