View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 17:04   #2
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki
Default Breeding rules and methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
And I must ask you Margo, if I always make bad litters why do you use always the same males for breeding?????
Edith, do you mean it serious????
Do you know that the whole CzW breed base on lines? If you would be a Czech breeder than you would know that Czech Club do not even ALLOW to mix the lines... Also the Slovak club advice to keep line breeding.
Breeding of dogs do not base on accidental matings... You are breeding CzW for a long time - long enought to should know that there exist a group of breeders from different countries working together on different lines to safe and protect genetic diversity by CzW. And since years I'm working with them.

I do not use THE SAME males - I NEVER repeated a mating (like you do). I do not base on my private males (like you do) to make the costs as low as possible - I always prefer to use the most interesting even if I have to travel several houndreds or tausends kilometer. And one you can be sure - NONE of my litters is made "by mistake". There is always very well-thought-out reson why I make the specific litter.

Yes, there are lines which I will never use because the dogs there are much more "problematic" ("ill") that other.
And there are also lines which I like more - after several years of breeding I know that some lines are not only interesting guarantee better character and/or look and/or health...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
Hero z Rofa
Borko Kollarov Dvor
I used Koro you used Kondor.......
I used Carr M.B just Mona was empty
Hitt Spod Dumbiera
Juri Zlata Palz
wanted to use Argo Tajomy Tulak....than Alf T.T and his son........
very creative ideas!!!!!!
Edit
The question is who copy who.... I never took a look on your plans - I didn't even knew that you have any... But in such case it seems I have to publish a list of dogs which I plan to use in the future (some are not even born but only planned ) in order not to be accused that I copy your ideas...

And you list is the best example - for long time I had a problem because I had only one female (later two) - so many males which I planned were wating years till I had the idea to use them...

Examples:
Hero z Rofa. In the fact I planned to use Tambury but after speaking with some breeders I realized I have to change my plans because females covered by him were ampty. But I wanted to use at least his sons. I found one in 2002 in Bystra and took first photos of him. Excactly - it was Hero. I spoke with his owner and I decided to use him. 2 years BEFORE your litter.
Why my puppies are born first 2005. It is easy - I always start with older males where there is bigger "danger" that they will pass away. So 2003 I used Borko - not "thanks to you" but "despite of you".. 2004 some breeders (also my good freind) planned to use Hero so I went to Gaius Dor (no puppies were born). 2005 finally Jolly was covered by him. Over 3 years after I decided to use him.

Carr Maly bysterec - dear Edith, I cheered Lubos allready when he decided to use Azor. When many breeders told he must be out of his mind to make this mating. I cheered Carr when he was born - and on his first shows - when he always was loosing with very low quality males which had serious problems to move. I was "for him" also when other breeders blamed him for many invented problems. Every time I heard how "ugly guy" he is I answered "Oh, yes, but I will use him..." (funny that the biggest critics have not litters of Carr ). Carr was "my" dog from the time when Lubos decided to make this litter... And Juri - ask Daiva: he was put on the list long time before you made litter.

Hitt - you can ask Milan... A long time before your litter Milan was informed to keep this dog for me. I kept contact already with his previous owner - I knew he will be the first "safe" way to use the blood of Cagi without being affraid that the puppies will look like molosses....

Argo - is it not about Argo but about Bux. It was the "sad time" when I had only one female and when I had only one litter a year(it means I had to watch that many precius dogs die without having even one litter - only because other breeders do not want to travel more than 100km or if they travel than only always to the same (pseudo)champions). Bux died short before I had a female for him but I knew I will use his sons. Dino was sold to Holland. I took Dak and... from this time I like offsprings of Bux very much. I made already some litters with his blood and more will be born. And Argo - Argo is typical representant of this "family"...

As you can see I can really write that "all other people copy my ideas" - but I never even though to think about it this way...
I have my own ideas - and my own favourite dogs. Yes, when I think about a dog which has already litters by other breeders I watch the puppies: they show me what the dog "gives" and basing on it I'm choosing for him the best fiting female. Or sometimes, if the health results of his offsprings are bad, I remove the dog. Two times I removed whole lines - I still like the dogs very much (look and character), but I will never use them or any of their offsprings exactly because of heath problems.
If someone "copy" my ideas - I'm ONLY happy. Because first: it confirms my choice. It means other breeders also keep the specific dog for interesting. Second: I choose (in my opinion) dogs which, I think, are precious for our breed. If such dogs will have more litters than only by me - it will make me happy...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote