View Single Post
Old 26-01-2004, 12:51   #12
Conor

Conor here.
I am very pleased that this breed has been introduced to the UK by people like Paul and Mandy. Even if the breed had been here years and had been well established, I still would have wanted to get a dog from the likes of them. I have encountered no condescension, no overtures of cynical money making, and concern and questioning from them to ensure that their dogs are going to go to the right homes. I am fully satisfied that I have gone to the right people. I am fortunate in that the dog I am taking is also of excellent pedigree, as well as nurture. As Paul says, both of these factors ALWAYS command higher prices, and I am happy to pay it, as I am re-assured that I am buying into future support and help when we (the dog and I) need it. Once I get this guy home and happy, I am going to seriously consider acquiring a bitch. I will be referring to Paul and Mandy, at least for advice, and almost certainly for the dog itself, if they have any available.

From my previous experience of British dog breeders, they usually seem aloof, elitist, and reluctant to divulge their 'secret' knowledge in case you get one up on them, and to hell with the pup you took from them six months ago. Add to that the puppy farms and I am sure the result is a lot of unhappy, uncared for dogs, and confused, unknowledgable owners. We all should be looking to put a stop to that. It's a shame there aren't more people breeding different breeds of dogs in the UK who have the same attitude as Paul and Mandy. I know that I am going to learn a lot from them, and that they will teach me happily.

Paul and Mandy also want owners who are going to become actively involved in assisting the establishment of the breed in the UK, so they are anticipating some comittment from us, the new owners. I veiw this positively and with excitment, as the net result should be a group of dedicated owners maintaining contact, sharing experience, and hopefully developing friendships. I hope that we will all work together to protect, nurture and positively promote the CzW as the UKs newest, and most noble breed.

Conor
Conor jest offline   Reply With Quote