Thread: advice please
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 02:12   #6
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacs2legs View Post
hi does anyone have any information and/or advice on hygromas in csv i know it is a large breed problem but does anyone have any experience with csv's and hygromas? my five month puppy has them on his elbows already! regards from london
Hi Layla, has your dog taken a knock? is the condition in both legs? you have huskies and other dogs as well maybe it was hurt by one of the others? did you read up on CSV before buying? did breeder not give advise on rearing a CSV? You told this breeder I refused to sell you a CVS, and I advised the breeder that i refused to sell you wolfdog as you already had to many dogs , and that it would be impossable to give a CVS the time and attension it needed, I have seen a lot of this litter and they are all o.k., so in all probability your dog has suffered a knock, it can also be caused by over excersing a fast growing young dog, going up and down stairs, there are lots of things can cause it, draining the fluid can be done but it is not a cure and may cause infection if repeatedly drained, pressure bandage can also be used but again this can push fluid to lower and upper leg, rest the dog cut down on excercise, it looks terrible but this is not a painful problem for the dog. i hope your wolfdog recovers quickly..paul winder
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote