View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 22:22   #58
hedeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
Marcy from Galomy Oak has achieved it in the States, so don't give up hope. Well done you for contacting them and asking, now we just have to find you some support and you'll all be on your way to getting the breed recognised
That was nothing really difficult abut it. But, not so fast. I am a new comer to the breed, I don't even own a CSV yet. I have seen CSV in real time just two weeks ago... So I can't really call myself a beginner. Maybe in the future when I will have my dog, get know breed enough, dogs, and their owners... I can quote initial requirements from KC reply for CSV recognition.

Quote:
The Committee will consider an application for recognition of a breed once there are specimens of it resident in the UK and the dog(s) are imported from a country either having a Kennel Club with which there is a reciprocal agreement or which has full membership of the F.C.I. or where there is a Breed Club maintaining a Stud Book and acceptable to the Kennel Club. Application for recognition and subsequent registration should be made in the first instance to the Breed Standards and Stud Book Sub-Committee. In general, an application should consist of:

Names & addresses of UK owners/importers
Total number of dogs of the breed in the UK
[ideally at least 20, preferably unrelated]
Copies of pedigrees of UK dogs – at least 3 generations
Proposed breeding plan and indication of available gene pool
Indication of temperament and characteristics
Recognition status in the country of origin
Details of registration body in country of origin
Indication of group classification
If the breed has been crossbred, when the registry closed
Brief history of the breed in its country of origin & photographs
Functionality of breed and how widely it is used
Breed Standard from country of origin
Breed Registration statistics in country of origin [ideally a consistent minimum of 50 per year]; and other countries
Show entry statistics in country of origin and at international level
[ideally a minimum of 35 individually exhibited at a single competitive event]
Details of any inherited conditions prevalent in the breed
For Working Breeds – details of activities. Video footage [if available]

[Please note that it is the individual responsibility of those applying for breed recognition to ensure due compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including requisite licences, permissions and consents as are laid down by the general law, with regard to the keeping, breeding and selling of any particular breed. Recognition of the breed by the Kennel Club will not denote that any of the above has been satisfied or complied with.]

Recognition of a breed allows registration on the Imported Breeds Register, although the breed would not be eligible for exhibition until such time as an Interim Breed Standard is published. This is not considered at the same time as recognition, as it is the Kennel Club’s policy to allow the breed to develop slowly before show participation is permitted. Importers of new breeds are encouraged to form a provisional breed club, registration of which can be applied for once a certain nucleus of the breed has been established in the UK.

The Kennel Club may, in its absolute discretion, refuse to recognise any proposed breed.
hedeon jest offline   Reply With Quote