View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 12:31   #18
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Haha, I know at least one very good breeder, and important wolfdog.org "user" from Europe who had puppies advertised on pedigreedatabase last year...and updates their dogs on the website regularly. Right now, it's the only place that can generate a pedigree for a planned litter with younger dogs (who aren't on elf's cool tool) until the puppy tool is fixed on our site.

As I understood from Admin many months ago...won't there be more features - including health features - added to the "new database" on wolfdog.org? I believe the database was initially built/designed by Margo and her brother...not simply purchased.

As for health features, we already have public databases for many of the things here:
hips (OFA is the same as the test in Europe)
PennHip would be nice
elbows
CERF (it says PRA here)
height (in bonitation results)
training results
DM (on different site)
Dwarfism (on different site)
Bite/teeth (in bonitation results)

Patella, heart, and thyroid are the only results we don't have a database for - I know there are some heart problems in the breed, but don't know if tests show it - do we have problems with patella and thyroid? Are those necessary?

Also, if we talk only about dogs within the US...there is a public database on offa.org - if dogs have normal results, they are automatically displayed. If they are carriers/affected dogs, it is the owner's decision to display the results.

I, for one, like knowledge, more information and science in everything I do...as for the people who go on a witch hunt about genetics and spay and neuter...it's up to these people on their own to come out of the "dark ages" and use health results appropriately.