View Single Post
Old 26-09-2011, 19:07   #272
hedeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICANI View Post
Is it really, HONESTLY, possible to be that naive to think it is OK to cross breed wolves into pure CsV's to make better CsV's?? Lets say I am breeding Beagles.... How in the hell am I going to think I have made the breed any better by making a mutt? It isn't OK...Plain and simple... Then there is the fact that anything including "wolf blood" is going to catch a small share of negative attention. To countries who are new to CsV's, this is a slap in the face of any potential, positive, attention to our breed.
I think there is a documentary movie which can explain many of cross breeding excuses. Some time ago BBC have made a film "pedigree dogs exposed" which kind of shocked people in UK, and made Kennel Club to loose a lot of public respect. Basically, movie is about genetics problems and sicknesses of pedigree dogs in UK, caused by inbreeding. Public was terrified and shocked. So I imagine some breeders started to use a "care for breed, and health of dogs" as a excuse to cross. It could make good impression on shocked public, and put breeder in glory of animal lover. Problem is CSV ie relatively new breed, and from very beginning breeders are aware of problems caused by inbreeding. In fact CSV is one of healthiest dog breeds.

Link to movie (1 hour long):
hedeon jest offline   Reply With Quote