View Single Post
Old 20-04-2006, 19:23   #17
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
But that does not mean that Ela should sit at home. If we would think like this about everything, we´d still sit on trees.
Mirka,
I'm afraid you didn't read my post carefully or misunderstood it completely. I never said that Ela should stop training dogs or that I didn't appreciate her efforts. On the contrary! I'm convinced that this is one of the activities where some CSVs can show their full potential and be very successful. Ela is a responsible person, a doctor, and she knows well what she's doing.

I only mentioned my doubts concernning the SELECTION of photos as a broader problem which accidentally cropped out in this topic.! It is important to show that CSVs may be used for therapy, but at the same time the possibilities of misusing the photos should be limited to absolute minimum. Pictures of dogs sitting or lying by the sick children are "innocent" in my opinion, but the ones which show the actual therapeutical techniques may be "dangerous" if used for wrong purposes, by greedy, irresponsible people who browse the Internet in search of "easy" opportunities.

CSVs and PR of the breed are important, but the goodwill of the sick children even more... We shouldn't make life easy for dishonest pseudo-therapists. This problem has nothing to do with Ela or her dogs, which I made very clear in my first post.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote