View Single Post
Old 16-01-2011, 21:09   #79
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Yup, it's true that the UKC doesn't require health testing either, but they are less restrictive about what pedigrees it will accept from multiple clubs, even ones that do have strict rules (and ones that might not). In that way they pretty much act simply like a registry like I had thought of the AKC as, one that doesn't actively work to promote specific club agendas. That is what to me is the most distasteful about the AKC, not simply that they don't require certain things.

Like you said, Marcy, there is a tendency here to make good steps merely optional. Like CHIC or Breeder of Merit. I wish those would be mandatory too.

I do not know the answer and wish that things could be better for dogs in general here.. And for anyone pushing for recognition I wish them the best of luck. There are obviously some high ideals and convictions that drive your decision on the matter. I didn't arrive at my decision lightly or without lots of thought, though, so surely one can understand my, and many others', decision on the matter.

In regards to competitive venues.. I will have to ask mutt-owning friends what they use.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote