View Single Post
Old 18-07-2011, 09:09   #7
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

@Uli, I will tell you another concrete example why every dog show is werth no matter if special judge or not. During the mid 2000 I did some shows with my Myla and I often were in the same ring with the grandmother of your dog from mothers side. And two times I noticed that she did not want that the judge looked in her teeth - and she tried to bite him! Of course she was disqualified. So no matter if special judge or not everybody could see about her behaviour that she was unsecure and not self confident - but of course marvellous wolfy looking. And as I wrote already a good csw has a strong character - and he/she would not react like this. And it was not only a matter of wrong education but a bit from genetic point of view too, because her brother must put down to sleep with not 5 years old because he was heavily attacking people (even his breeder and friend of the former owner).Jenny of course dog shows are only beauty shows and has not a lot to do with health. There are some breeds where they look a lot for health during bonitation.A good dog will be in front of classement in dog show with special judge as well as with a normal judge. And sorry even special judges make a lot of faults - that is good because they are not gods. Please look at the winner of open class males 2009 in World Dog Show, it was a csw x awd. And not only this judged did not get it but other special judges who judged him during other specialities did not get it. I talked to them and they told me, so long the dog fits in the standard, I could not do anything.In the end everybody of us has a different sight what is nice and not. It must fit in the standard and then there will be small differences.@Saschia, of course most csw who will take part at a big dog show in a hall will not have any problems. If the owner is cool they will do like their owners. So from my point of view it is nothing special to go with dogs to a show. I often went only as a guest with my dogs. Jenni, dog shows are a good possibility to meet same breed dog lovers. Especially when you are a newby in the breed. Later when you know the people, breeders and dogs, one can go and meet them on different locations. But Dogshows are one part of recognized breeds! And of course an important part. Otherwise I do not know why people would like to have a pure breed dog? There are of course people who do not care for pure breed and these are a lot more. Look in germany we have about 750.000 purebreed members of vdh (FCI) but more than 6-7 Millions without. So it is a small world of pure breed dogs in the whole dog world.Christian

Last edited by hanninadina; 18-07-2011 at 09:14.
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote