View Single Post
Old 20-04-2006, 21:33   #20
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
Rona,

I do not see anything wrong on the pictures. I brought recently several dog magazines from Czech republic, at least in two of them are articles about canistherapy, including similar photos, that Ela just posted. Those dog magazines are national, so really many people can see the photos. And both the journalist and the canistherapeuts do not see anything bad on printing them publicly.

You can´t just take a child, put him on the ground and a dog under his legs. Yes, everyone who reads a bit about canistherapy and dogs as such will know, that warming the childs body using the dog helps to ease the spasm of the sick child. But that does not mean, that everyone can do it and every dog can be used.

As a journalist myself, I visited once canistherapeut society called Pomocne tlapky in order to write article about them. I was shown how the dogs are trained, what they can do, I was invited to different events. And I was shown and offered and e-mailed many photos, such as the one´s Ela posted. Why? To print them out in our newspapers and show how the dogs are helping.

Maybe in Czech republic people have different view on this topic. But I really do not see anything wrong on the photos, neither on the fact that Ela posted them. I think Ela is doing great job and cross my fingers for her to continue well with both her dogs.
I completely agree with Mirkawolf and from my point of view the photos from Ela are superb showing the dogs and the children in complete harmony, a situation far from the crippeled view of the breed that our Ministry of Justice has adopted from those who were fronting the Norwegian ban of the breed.

I do hope of the kind assistance from Ela and others to fight the ban in words and pictures by informing the Norewgian visitors of my site of the versatility of our breed.
--
Per Olav
--
Per Olav
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote