View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:47   #32
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
For the second problem, there is a program in AKC called "limited registration". With this program, the breeder sells a puppy with no breeding or conformation showing rights - litters originating from the puppy cannot be registered. The dogs can participate in obedience and other performance events (but I think they might have to be spayed/neutered to do so...).
I agree, but there's always the problem of puppy producers who don't care about papers and registrations.. and pet shoppers who equally don't care or don't know... or they will go with an even worse KC like the Continental KC, which doesn't require papers at all to register a dog, unfortunately.

As a side note, there's talk the AKC will soon offer altered class in dog shows too, like the UKC has already. It wouldn't interfere with spay/neuter for a sports-but-not-breeding-oriented family.

But as it is, CsV are a long ways from being AKC recognized, and so for now have to stick with UKC, which as I understand doesn't offer limited registration anyway.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote