View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 06:30   #13
nitetiger4

Send a message via AIM to nitetiger4 Send a message via MSN to nitetiger4 Send a message via Yahoo to nitetiger4

I love raising puppies, yes... but it's kind of a mixed bag as to what they will look like (with this breed at least), it seems. If I want to breed CzW's, I can't get all puppies and just hope they grow up to be nice looking dogs... with an adult I know what it looks like and how it compares to the standard already... so I can get top of the line, nice looking dogs and produce my own line of nice looking puppies. And that way I dont have to wait 1 year, to see if they are along the lines I want (and of a breedable standard), and then 2 more years before they mature enough to be bred.

With an 8 week old puppy, it's just too hard to see what it will look like... for all you know it could grow up and look like a freak of nature, and then where would I be? Out 1200 dollars... because there is no way I would breed a dog of low quality. Of course, it would be a nice pet, but it wouldnt be good to use it in a breeding program.
nitetiger4 jest offline   Reply With Quote