View Single Post
Old 17-01-2011, 01:01   #80
Gypsy Wolf

There used to be "AMBOR" (American Mixed Breed Obedience Registry) but most of the mixed-breed competition venues are few and far-between, not to mention they usually require proof of sterilization. I think thre are only a couple of Agility and Flyball (again, few and far-between) that don'[t care about breed, mix or intact/sterilized... sheesh - the Flyball folks are the ones making all sorts of "height-dog" mixes with jacks, BCs... etc... that end up euthanized in shelters as there are only a limited number of folks who actually do flyball... again, another story...
But I am afraid of the same thing happening here with my Vlcaks, too, Marcy. Luna looks shepherd-y enough that I could probably get away with assuring someone she is a DOG, but Pollux looks exactly like a wolf, and I have no doubt that he would be mistaken for one...
But I do think it's breed clubs and responsible breeders who need to educate the public, and it's up to the consumer to do a little homework too. We can't bottlefeed folks...
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote