View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 14:48   #1
draggar

Lightbulb **ANNOUNCEMENT** Introducing the UCSVC

Hello all, I am extremely pleased to announce the (ongoing) formation of the United Czechoslovakian Vlcak Club (UCSVC). The UKC national breed club for Czechoslovakian Vlcaks in the United States.

The club was formed to help promote well being, ethical treatment and breeding of, promotion, education, working temperament, and perfection of the Czechoslovakian Vlcak. We will also workwith UKC judges (who want to learn) to educate them on the breed, many have never seen a Czechoslovakian Vlcak (we printed out the standard and brought it with us to the last cluster and the judges appreciated it).

We will also manage a nation wide Czechoslovakian Vlcak rescue - helping people who can no longer care for their Vlcaks get the Vlcaks into good and the right homes.

Our standard is based on the FCI standard, which is obtained from the country that has "guardianship" status over the Vlcak standard - Slovakia (a.k.a. the Slovak Republic).

We are still looking for members in the USA as well as people who may show in the USA (Canada, etc.) or just want to help with getting the club fully operational. We are primarily looking for people who own and live with at least one Czechoslovakian Vlcak but will also welcome people who have knowledge and talents that would be important to the club. You do not need to own a Vlcak to be in the club (but it is required though the ByLaws to own and live with one to serve on the board of directors).

If you wish to join (no dues at this time) please send me a PM with your name, email address, general location (city / town, state), as well as any Vlcas you own and, if you're a breeder or plan to be one, your kennel name).

We have a Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...081279869&ap=1

As well as a preliminary site:
http://ucsvc.com/

* Code of Ethics and ByLaws are not posted on the site pending a vote - PM me your email address if you wish to view them - all applicants will get a copy of both).

* Forums for the club are being worked on (basics are up, just unlinked at this time). I am also looking into adding a chat room plugin for the forums so we can conduct some meetings though them.

Club Status:
* UKC registration - application is pending (not enough members) but I have spoken to a UKC representative about the club.

* Incorporation listing - I am waiting for a vote (we need more members) on the board of directors before I incorporate the club. It will be incorporated as a non-profit organization. When this is set I'll get a tax ID and be able to open a bank account for the club.

* 501(c)(3) status - right now this is WAY too expensive (I think a minimum of $400 a year). All donations made to the club will NOT be tax-deductible.

* UCSVC store - I am currently reviewing different sites to go though (like Cafepress.com) for the store. If you have suggestions, let me know.

* Insurance - no rush on this. UKC requires one event every two years and we won't need insurance until we start hosting events.

(Please excuse any letters that might be missing - the laptop I'm using now isn't really the best with fast typing)
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote