View Single Post
Old 17-06-2011, 10:08   #9
Martab
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Good to know. As you for sure know one of the hybrids with false pedigree is already imported to Italy. Do you plan to do something with it?
I know that dogs suspected to have fake pedigrees came in. Some of them are well known because of Wolfdog, some others are not "openly attacked" by people writing here but nevertheless may exist.
What I want to say is that we need rules contrasting every "fake pedigree" matter

The problem is: how to prove that/if these pedigrees are fake,and what to to in case there is evidence they are.

I believe it firstly have to be checked which remedies are allowed to verify these "not clear" matters.
As you probably already know, in Italy ENCI decides everything and the Club has not any power on pedigrees.
Nevertheless, the club can propose ENCI to try to take some remedies
First of all, it has to be checked if any "control" and "measure" can be carried out:
(1) from a practical point of view (for instance: DNA test, how does it work? which entity is able to do it? can it reveal what we are looking for?), and
(2) from a legal point of view (people cannot be obliged to do this DNA test, but one thing that may be done by ENCI againts these "fake foreign pedigrees) may be to "block" the release of export pedigrees in Italy until this test is done)
This is the first and more important step to do, and the Club is keeping information on the above points

Marta & GlockArian

Last edited by Martab; 17-06-2011 at 10:12.
Martab jest offline   Reply With Quote