View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 15:14   #45
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Could you please share your experience about false pregnancy? Is it common in our breed? I didn't meet any cases, but my experience is really very little...
My bitch Frei had a couple of false pregnancies. That's why I want to breed with her as often as possible (she got in heat before her real pregnancy every 6 months). The first false pregnancy was worse, as I was not at home and my parents were quite surprised by it, they even went to vet to check if she is not pregnant. She almost started the milk production. Second time she only got really fat and refused to go for walks and wanted to eat all the time (that was after her real pregnancy). Both times she was not mated. This heat is developing very slow, and maybe will be skipped altogether, as she now seems to have stopped without going through the strong bleeding phase, and if she gets in the mating phase before mid-August, I will not be able to mate her, so we will see... I hope she decided to skip the spring heat this time...

My previous bitch Kei never had false pregnancy, but she had pyometra twice, both times when she was pregnant (first time she delivered 8 pups, second time was acute and she had to be sterilised).
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote