View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21   #10
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Hi Marcy, I'm really impressed by your attitude and approach to breeding CSVs in the USA... If people like you - responsible, ethical and willing to learn from experts get involved in developing the breed in America, if the owners manage to build a network of enthusiasts and gain solid competence BEFORE they start breeding, I'm sure CSVs will be in good hands and have better prospects than in another "non-European country" I honestly appreaciate your transparent plans and clear policies and offer my support however limited it may be.

Anyway, see you soon in Krakow
Rona
Thanks! I really can't wait until April! I think it will be so much more fun to talk in person!

I think it will take a lot of effort before the breed is considered "developed" here, and hopefully, lots of years - we have a saying here: "You must wait for all good things". There is no rush; if somebody in the US is really determined to buy a CSV, they can buy one in Europe - so there is no need here to breed for the overall good of the CSV, especially with our limited bloodlines, no experienced judges of the breed, and no bonitations...that means there is a nice freedom here only to breed if conditions are just right - perfect new families lined up, good health, good characters, interesting match with good genetic diversity, good exterior, working titles obtained, etc.

Do widzenia (I think), Rona!

Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote