View Single Post
Old 29-10-2008, 11:18   #28
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
I do not understand way serious breeder would bee against DNA tests ?

DNA test can se what no breeder can se, it is like a X-ray on the dogs hereditary health genes, but better.
You can take away bad genes before the first litter is born, not wait and se…
No, nobody will be against such tests. It is the best thing which can be done BUT so far you do not have the DNA tests to check if the dog carry dysplasia, ED, heart problem, epilepsy, aso.... Such test are available for some other breeds but so far I know they can used only by the breeds which were tested and not for all (almost int he most cases they are also useless for us because they check decreases which never appear by CzWs)...
Some illnesses are not inheritated on a simple way and more genes are responsible for it - in such cases maybe it will be never possibile to make any DNA tests...

Anyway I don't want to say the people here do nothing and hide everything. NO! I have really good news for you... Since some years we collect information about reasons of death - we put into the database when the dog died, why (if it was natural reason or not). Thanks to the breeders and owners we will be able soon to make first statistics how long CzW really live (when we will filter out the unnatural reasons) and the most common causes.

But it is not all - we collect also infromation about the health: the breeders and owners can choose if the information they send will be published on the Wolfdog or not (and used only for statistisc and other tests).

So the infromation is already collected and will appear in the new database....

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote