View Single Post
Old 15-09-2004, 23:14   #23
loki

Hello all,
I am a silent reader for more than a year now. I found out about this breed and after researching (well, still am researching) just about decided to work on owning one. Maybe not next year, maybeenot the year after that, but as soon as I can safely say I have what it takes. What makes the breed so attractive to me is just the wolfy look coming on a DOG that can be kept and trained just like a dog. Because it is a dog and no poore wolf-hybrid creature. Condemned to a life with the bad of beeing a wolf (people shy; high prey drive, growing so much more adult then any dog, even the nordics) and the bad of beeing dog (not abel to survive in peace in some woods, being socialized etc.) and the worst of beeing in between the worlds and therefore unpredictable personalitys kept as pets. The long time I take considering is because I see the CWD needs some special time, care and space to prosper (as by the way much more working dogs need) , which includes for me to wait for my kid to grow some more and my garden to expand a little (e.g. by a new house) and -mainly because I was suspicious of the wolf-ancestry. It looked, as if the breed was stable and "dogg" enough to realy be a DOG breed (if certainly special), it had a base of good, healthy and characterwise stable breedingdog population. As a potential owner, and ther for buyer: I dont want to be afraid of getting a freaking hybrid that almost no one can keep for a lot of money for a CWD I wanted to live with me and my family. If I want a hybrid I ask for one. If I want a CWD I want to be sure I get one.
And. yes. CWD will definitely get into trouble with state laws for dogs. Many years it took to proof it is a dog breed. Much efford was put into getting the wolfs charakter traits out. It seems to me desastrous what happens, if the wolf comes back into the breed. Please if possible find at least some distinction for the non. hybridized lines, so I can still safely by a CWD some years from now.

Wiebke
(sorry for the booklength, but I think its aggravating)
loki jest offline   Reply With Quote