Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Puppy in California (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13201)

GalomyOak 18-01-2010 16:30

Puppy in California

I recently received an email from someone in California who (supposedly) imported a CSV puppy within the past 3-4 months. He is having HUGE problems with his puppy, and wanted to quickly get rid of it...I really worry for the safety of the puppy's life.... The guy also is not too happy with me, since I refused to reserve him a puppy from my own litter - so it is hard to get much information from him now. I don't know what breeder he got the puppy from, or even which country - only that it was Europe.

I will try to help this puppy as much as I can...but I would really like to talk to the breeder and see what their thoughts/wishes are - if I can get a reply from the new owner...I am so worried from this email.... Maybe the breeder (or someone who knows this breeder) will read this and send me a PM...

I really beg breeders in Europe...please, please, please get to know new owners and think very carefully before shipping puppies to the US. There are some really good potential owners in the US...but many more people that have no idea what it takes to be happy living with a wolfdog.:oops:

Translations to other forums would be very helpful!

Thank you,
Marcy

michaelundinaeichhorn 18-01-2010 18:08

I have translated it for the German Forum but I donĀ“t think the puppy comes from there.

Ina

Rona 18-01-2010 18:56

I've translated your post and published it on the Polish forum. I doubt if any Polish breeder sold him the puppy, but maybe somebody knows who did.:|

Hanka 18-01-2010 22:37

Marcy
why this owner does not contact breeder? I think every breeder will help to his puppy,when puppy has problem....But-maybe . His breeder does not know puppy has problem??????

buidelwolf 18-01-2010 22:44

Dear Marcy,

I posted your call for information on the Dutch forum. Update us if you receive more information!

Gr Robbert

GalomyOak 18-01-2010 23:00

Thank you so much to everyone for their help - I will certainly update if I receive more information. :tard

All of the very best,
Marcy

Hanka 18-01-2010 23:03

I have in California city one friend which works with dogs.Maybe he can help to owner with puppy????

GalomyOak 18-01-2010 23:20

Hanka,

I also have friends in California who would help, and also know some CSV owners there who would probably help - I told the guy this, and even offered to pay to ship the puppy to Virginia (and my kennel), in addition to suggesting he contact the breeder. So far, no response... I have emailed him one more time - maybe he will check his email this evening and respond, I hope.

Thank you for your offer of help!
Marcy

Sir Allen 19-01-2010 22:22

Nobody is answering the phone.:cry:

GalomyOak 19-01-2010 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Allen (Bericht 270851)
Nobody is answering the phone.:cry:

Or answering emails for one week...maybe he has some kind of family problems, or is on holiday...

Enid Black 20-01-2010 01:37

Just going to translate it in Italian and put it on the Italian Forum.. I hope the puppy will be well (why people just can't THINK??!)

GalomyOak 20-01-2010 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enid Black (Bericht 270900)
Just going to translate it in Italian and put it on the Italian Forum.. I hope the puppy will be well (why people just can't THINK??!)

Thank you so much...but, now at least I know who the breeder is, no more translations needed - so they are also able to address the problem...if only the owner will respond to everyone who wants to help the puppy.:roll:

Marcy

Enid Black 20-01-2010 02:18

Ok, perfect, I'll tell to the Italian forum then... Paws crossed for the puppy!!

Rona 02-02-2010 20:27

Any news about the pup?

GalomyOak 03-02-2010 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rona (Bericht 274707)
Any news about the pup?

Yes, there has been contact with the owner - between the breeder, me, and a few other helpful folks in the US. The owners have decided to seek some training with a professional trainer - and have finally "opened their eyes" that the breed is not a GSD.:roll: No matter how many times someone tells you, or how you try to see it in your mind - there is no way to "know" a wolfdog until you have met and lived with one. Or 8.:shock:

If they decide not to keep the puppy, now they know for sure there are safe places for the puppy to go. So, this is a relief for me, at least.

Rona 03-02-2010 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalomyOak (Bericht 274814)
If they decide not to keep the puppy, now they know for sure there are safe places for the puppy to go. So, this is a relief for me, at least.

I think more people feel relieved! Well done!:lol:

roo 04-02-2010 06:17

Great Job Marcy!!

It's almost impossible to adequately describe the differences to new prospective owners/packs of training a CSV versus any other breed. It's the information sharing, support, and networking such as this example that will help provide a stable base for the CSV breed in the U.S., or anywhere else that this breed is so rare. Thanks everyone!

I wonder, now that the first CSV litter has been born in the U.S., what language will they speak?? The biggest challenge I experienced when first receiving my CSV pup was of course the language barrier. For those of you on this forum, you know that the challenge I was referring to was not with the dog learning "English", but with me learning CSV...

04-02-2010 14:31

Since we're on the subject, I'm curious about actually getting to meet/interact with CsVs before actually planning a huge trip to Europe or anything. :) Does anyone know anyone in or near Chicago? Or, are any of you attending dog shows in that area, or do you ever visit? This wouldn't have to be any time soon (I'm probably 5-10 years out from owning one, sadly) but I figure it can't hurt to ask. :)

AMERICANI 05-02-2010 23:59

Quite Possibly a future friend!

I live in Texas... It is a little further than what you described (I do however have a close friend in Chilicothe), but in October 2010, I will be returning to Texas from Italy, to start a boarding kennel as well as going to school to train working dogs. (Either Tarheel Canine or Vohne Liche) Anyways... I've read some of your posts, and you are really on top of things. You have asked certain questions which either I wanted to learn for myself, or wait until I was confident to know exactly what to ask.. I am in Italy and have fallen in love with this breed since I bought my first in 2008. Please feel free to write and ask questions... I believe that is the best way to receive the answers we want. I know only basics of training (as per the reason I want to go to school to learn more).

Vaiva 07-02-2010 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky (Bericht 275623)
Since we're on the subject, I'm curious about actually getting to meet/interact with CsVs before actually planning a huge trip to Europe or anything. :) Does anyone know anyone in or near Chicago? Or, are any of you attending dog shows in that area, or do you ever visit? This wouldn't have to be any time soon (I'm probably 5-10 years out from owning one, sadly) but I figure it can't hurt to ask. :)

Seeing won't work. Especially if it is a grown up wolfdog. They look just onderful then, nothing worse than retriever :D And people do not believe, this amazing dog used to make owners just sit and cry 8) Maybe someone should start a topic "Real stories. My CSV made my cry by doing..." :D