Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Health and nutrition (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   cyring wolf Bárnay, eplileptic insult (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25355)

jmvdwiel 09-03-2014 02:09

cyring wolf Bárány, epileptic insult

15 minutes ago Barany crying wolf had an epileptic insult so he won't be available as a stud dog anymore.

*Satu 09-03-2014 19:55

Thanks TO YOU open info about EPILEPSY. Same time i´m so sorry..

mijke 10-03-2014 01:24

Also Here: Thanks Judith to share this honest info :)

jmvdwiel 10-03-2014 21:52

bloodwork was completely normal, I hope that this insult was a once in a lifetime experience.

Nebulosa 11-03-2014 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmvdwiel (Bericht 460109)
bloodwork was completely normal, I hope that this insult was a once in a lifetime experience.

Do you know that epilepsy is quite different of a simple seizure, right?
If your dog had a single seizure, it does not mean he is epileptic, seizures can be caused by many different things, like poisoning, adverse drug reaction, kidney and livers problems or simple caused by trauma.
Contact your vet and try to find the possible causes of this seizure before consider him epileptic and start any kind of treatment.

jmvdwiel 11-03-2014 23:59

I said he had an epileptic insult! not that he has epilepsy .... but what ever the reason is he is no longer available as a stud dog.
I hope more people wil talk about this more openly.

He was examend by a vet (me and my colleague) , had a fysical exam and a complete blood work.
Al the exams shows no signs of an underlaying ilness at this moment.

there are no signs of trauma, and it is almost impossible that he ate something poisend. He was not of leah the last 36 hours and did not eat anything outside. He sleeps in my bedroom and on the bed if he wants, so maybe I am one of the owners that observes the first insult of their dog, while other owners would never see that their dog is epileptic and stil is going to use him/her for breeding.

I have had a dog with epilepsy so I think I know what to do and expect, hopefully other wolfdog owners know this also.

mijke 12-03-2014 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebulosa (Bericht 460121)
Contact your vet and try to find the possible causes of this seizure before consider him epileptic and start any kind of treatment.

Judith is a well experienced vet! :rock_3 :lol:

And I am glad she is sharing the info about the epileptic insult of her dog!

annomon 12-03-2014 02:21

We had to put our dog (Tycho Leon od Uhoste) to sleep (5 years old) because of epileptic status he didn't come out from. It was horrible for him and traumatic for us. His father has the same father as Barany. Maybe there is a genetic flaw in that pedigree?

jmvdwiel 12-03-2014 08:03

thx for sharing about Tycho, I know that it is horrible to lose a dog on this horrible disease , that's is why i did share this very soon.

Tycho and Barany have a lot of ancestors in common, from the father side and from the mothers side. I wouldn't know from which side this could be, maybe a coincidence but I think some breeders do know more about this and are not sharing it.