Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Health and nutrition (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Gsd (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21434)

konstantin91 16-11-2011 02:08

Gsd

I know that this is not forum for german shepherds but i have one question...
I have a female german shepherd, 2 years old. I got her while she was 1 year old. She is skinny or just look skinny, i still cant deside. I am using raw food to feed her, 1kg of meet + some bones + some vegetables. I dont use food that have sugar or that can make problems for digesting... I think i feed her enough but it still looks skinny to me? She dont have parasites so i dont know what stoping her to have a better look, to look more fat ? I also heard that problem may be bad genetics ?
Can someone give me pictures of his CzW from behind and with good angle on stomack and that part of body, so i can compare. I will upload pictures of my dog so someone with enough experience can give me advice.
I hope this post is not problem cause it is about gsd and not czw...

tupacs2legs 16-11-2011 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by konstantin91 (Bericht 412784)
I know that this is not forum for german shepherds but i have one question...
I have a female german shepherd, 2 years old. I got her while she was 1 year old. She is skinny or just look skinny, i still cant deside. I am using raw food to feed her, 1kg of meet + some bones + some vegetables. I dont use food that have sugar or that can make problems for digesting... I think i feed her enough but it still looks skinny to me? She dont have parasites so i dont know what stoping her to have a better look, to look more fat ? I also heard that problem may be bad genetics ?
Can someone give me pictures of his CzW from behind and with good angle on stomack and that part of body, so i can compare. I will upload pictures of my dog so someone with enough experience can give me advice.
I hope this post is not problem cause it is about gsd and not czw...

hi :-)

having a picture of a csv...or even a gsd will not help you ;) each dog has its own weight for what is right for them....u should be able to feel a dogs ribs and spine but not be able to see them(most pet dogs are overweight imo)
also some dogs do not mature till later on... what are her poo's like? u say she doesnt have worms...how do u know? what have u used?

here is a calculator for guideline amounts for her raw....

http://www.raw4dogs.com/calculate.htm

and yes a pic may be helpful although u need to be able to feel the dog to be more accurate

Sir Allen 16-11-2011 17:07

Do you know the bloodline of your GSD? I have a couple of CZ GSD and they really look a bit skinny. For me they are more active and agile. I believed they inherited this features from their Pohranicni Straze ancestors.

Kindly check his/her line first.

konstantin91 16-11-2011 22:27

I live in Serbia, meat i gave to my dogs is very good quality. Someone has mentioned ribs, i cant see ribs of my dog but stomack is problem. Stomack looks like sucked in, when i feed her stomack looks full and that is ok, but couple hours after feeding stomack looks like sucked in and that is what bothers me... Poo is also good, unfortunately i cant check genetic of my dog...
I used calculator for raw food and i will slightly increase weight to 1.5 kg...
kg i am talking about is only meat, i dont count vegetables in that, ofc i dont use anything that can make problems to digesting or food with sugar in it...

I am satisfied how she looks, legs, spine, head... i only have bad impresion beacuse of stomack, i want to stomack looks full (like it looks after feeding) all the time!!!

yukidomari 16-11-2011 23:51

Maybe it's just her natural build to have a high tuck-up.

michaelundinaeichhorn 17-11-2011 08:51

The stomach is simply empty after about 2 hours. When it is empty it is very small. If you give this big amount of food feed her at least twice a day.
It sounds pretty normal to me. If she would have difficulties she very likely also would develop Diarrhia.

Ina

Baz 17-11-2011 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by konstantin91 (Bericht 412902)
I used calculator for raw food and i will slightly increase weight to 1.5 kg...

According to the raw food calculator this gives your dog a weight of 75kg, is that right?