Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 13-01-2011, 01:42   #21
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
Well, I can imagine multi-drug resistance in cancer cells and in bacteria, but in dogs???
The same protein encoded by this gene is associate with the blood-brain barrier, this protein is responsible to pump some toxines out of the brain, this defect turns some drugs like Ivermectine letal to these dogs.
Old 13-01-2011, 01:58   #22
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
Well, I can imagine multi-drug resistance in cancer cells and in bacteria, but in dogs???
Unfortunately Australian Shepherds are in my experience the breed with the highest incidence of MDR1 mutation. Chemicals commonly found in heartworm preventatives can be dangerous when applied on dogs with MDR1 mutations (along with other chemicals). Lots of Aussie owners we know purposely stay away from medications with Ivermectin in it, even if they have not tested the specific dogs for MDR1 mutation.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 08:53   #23
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Thanks for clearing up. So it is not resistance, but sensitivity, actually... Very interesting...
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 09:03   #24
michaelundinaeichhorn

Is there any known wolfdog that has shown MH or MDR1 mutation? I know that this can occure in GSH but never heard of a wolfdog.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 09:42   #25
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke View Post
And for example because of not testing for Dwarfism, not sharing test info, till today dwarfs are born. (and because dwarfism also can cause very small litters, dead born pups, puppy dead in first week, there maybe are a lot more dwarfism genes in the population)
As you wrote, this is not because of not publishing named results in an open forum but due to not testing and not sharing results. As you know did we share the results of Farouk but I am not happy when he is named negative in the forum by his breeder, as it is of no use for the breed if his brothers come to get more used just because he is negative and that is the reaction many people show. It is a stupid reaction but it is the reaction experience shows. As long as there are only few dogs tested and you don´t have to test to breed, there will be breeders that don´t test because they are afraid to get problems and be blamed for using a carrier at all, we have already had this situation in this forum. And there will be also the effect that people will select their dogs for only one gene-test even if they don´t plan to breed.

The case I mentioned was the only breeder in his country with tested dogs, he mated DM/N with N/N and was blamed by the regional wolfdog club (with no tested dogs) for using them, this club plans to only use N/N dogs.

I wouldn´t have get the support of the Slovakian Club and wouldn´t get blood from Hungary if I would name the results of anybody in this forum.

The time to publish is when there is the main population of breeding dogs tested and the Clubs request testing.

Our actual litter is of dogs that are tested and we wouldn´t mate with or to an untested dog, we even pay the test for the stud dog if costs are a problem but we will not publish named results.
As I wrote before it depends to the owner, not to the breeder and not to the owners of a website.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 12:37   #26
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
Our actual litter is of dogs that are tested and we wouldn´t mate with or to an untested dog...
Yes, this is what is important !

But it is important to share for statistic to
Can we schare statistic today but not share the name of the dogs ???

Best regards / Mikael
Old 13-01-2011, 14:28   #27
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Yes, this is what is important !

But it is important to share for statistic to
Can we schare statistic today but not share the name of the dogs ???

Best regards / Mikael
i think this Ina and make - share results but without name. and this can make and others, see in mijke wolfdog.healt web site.
Old 13-01-2011, 15:39   #28
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
i think this Ina and make - share results but without name. and this can make and others, see in mijke wolfdog.healt web site.
OK, is this statistic automatic from laboratory ? Or must the over send info for the statistic separately and say "Do not show name of the dog" ???

If automatic, from which laboratory ??? Not all I guess

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 13-01-2011, 15:49   #29
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
OK, is this statistic automatic from laboratory ? Or must the over send info for the statistic separately and say "Do not show name of the dog" ???

If automatic, from which laboratory ??? Not all I guess

i think about this can better say Mijke when she admin this web site.
Old 13-01-2011, 18:04   #30
mijke

We only receive copy of the document of an owner not of a lab!

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 15:05   #31
of_Mercedes_Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke View Post
About DNA identity profile :

On this moment all profiles conform ISAG 2006 norms are accepted.

But: All dogs who have an official DNA identity that was made before 2007 (by an other ISAG norm) are not validated anylonger!!

The technical aspects around DNA identity are improved last years.
That is why now only ISAG 2006 is exepted.

So it is a pity for all breeders/owners (like me for example ) who did let make an official DNA profile of all their dogs before 2007
These certificates are of no use any longer

For Belgium it's really important that the DNA isag 2006 will be in the databank. St Hubertus (fci) does not allow to breed with dogs without this code. No dna is no pedigree.
Patrick
of_Mercedes_Dream jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 01:03   #32
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by of_Mercedes_Dream View Post
For Belgium it's really important that the DNA isag 2006 will be in the databank. St Hubertus (fci) does not allow to breed with dogs without this code. No dna is no pedigree.
Patrick
That sound god, can you send me more info about this to my e-mail...
If FCI can demand it in Belgium, way not ALL FCI contry´s

Old 04-10-2011, 12:22   #33
admin

Default Health - DM and DW test results

We decided to publish also the unofficial results basing on the official results we get.

All puppies of a dog which is N/N will be marked as "N/?" - because we know thet at least they will have one "clear" gene. Their parents will be also marked like this.
The same with DM/DM dogs - all their puppies and their parent will be signed as "DM/?" - at least carriers of the DM gene.

It folllows also that all puppies of parents which are "DM/DM" will be marked as "DM/DM".
All puppies of parents which are "N/N" will be marked as "N/N".

Dogs which produced N/N, N/DM and DM/DM puppies will be marked and "N/DM".

The official result will be written ONLY basing on the official DM test results.

The same aplly to the dwarf test results.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 21:30   #34
jmvdwiel

I don't think that is wise to do, on several levels mistakes (on purpose or unintentional) can be made. And by doing that people can not see anymore if the dog is clear by genetic test or by his/her parents test.

I would suggest to show the results only if there is an official result.

greetings Judith
jmvdwiel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 21:33   #35
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvdwiel View Post
I don't think that is wise to do, on several levels mistakes (on purpose or unintentional) can be made. And by doing that people can not see anymore if the dog is clear by genetic test or by his/her parents test.
You right - it is why it will be written by every result if it is official (and who made it) or unofficial (basing on the results of the parents or the offsprings).
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 21:43   #36
jmvdwiel

Don't you think that breeder wil point to the database...see my dog is free... so I don't have to show you a result and I don't have to test

And I think that people wil read the unofficial result like it is official and make their discision based on this 'test' that was not done.....
jmvdwiel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 21:57   #37
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

What about the puppies of "unofficial" dogs? Example: Grandparents all negative by test, parents clear because of this...at least for our testing clinic (OFFA), this 3rd generation must be tested to be considered clear (in case there is some new mutation, I guess)
Old 04-10-2011, 21:59   #38
loco
Non active.

Maybe you also can give HD/ED results based on the test off the parents ???

Just no result without a official test result .
Otherwise we are back to the Fairytales again .
Old 04-10-2011, 23:40   #39
woland77
Gran figl de putt Member

This choice is wrong from scientific point view, and agaist international accreditation rule's.
Between Mendel laws and and the exact match of a gene transmitted, thera are human hand, and potential error, or mistake.
Is for this than International Accreditation Law ask for every animal (not only dog), ufficial test result. Only with this rules genetic selection can be free from mistake,fraud.
woland77 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 00:36   #40
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

What is also important - and especially now - is to keep in consideration that you can infer the genetics of a pup from the official results of it's ancestors only if you are sure about the parentage. Because otherwise all Czechoslovak wolfdogs are still BB in theory. And of course, it does not rule out mutations.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote