Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 01-03-2007, 16:10   #1
Margo

Send a message via Skype™ to Margo Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Margo
Default What should we add?

Do you have any ideas what is missing on Wolfdog? What should we add? Any suggestions? Ideas? Critics?

The customs of your tribe are not laws of nature - George Bernard Shaw
Margo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 17:34   #2
michaelundinaeichhorn

There have been critics of the German Kennel Club the last few weeks because of the datas of wolfblood content. We have a difficult climate here in Germany though not as difficult as in England or Norway, but just the words 30% of wolfblood contant may bring us in great difficulties in not so far away future. The Kennel Club asked us if we are crazy to mention them.
Those numbers don´t mean anything but are just numbers I think it would be better not to show them.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 19:09   #3
BWolf
Ely, Yuk e Megh

Send a message via MSN to BWolf Send a message via Skype™ to BWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo on sept. 25, 2006
There are about 14000 photos waiting to be added.... 5 people are already working on the gallery but we do not have more volunteers to work on this (it is really hard work, and all for "free").
So Przemek decided to make automatical gallery - anyone will be able to add his photos by himself. The new gallery is almost finished - it will be online soon....
Any news about this feature? It would be great!

Stefano

Il blog dei lupastri di Ca' Desideria
BWolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 20:30   #4
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

I want more adds about : for example trailers for dogs, dogs equipment, cars for dogs , or adss what have relation to wolfdogs.
And of course: I want % of wolfblood. We have WOLFDOGS.
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 20:31   #5
furyos

Y m not agree about yur idea "don t write the % bloodwolf "on this site ...In fact this race have blood wolf too ...(not colley /chihuahua or teckel) please stop to forget this (or put this genetic in a black box)...if yu are afraid about that ...take a german sheperd and not a woldog ....margo please don 't change anything in yur organisation ....y think yu give a lot informations (genetic and genealogie...) with this site and hope keep this professionnel way .... greeting ...furyos
furyos jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 20:49   #6
michaelundinaeichhorn

I don´t have any problems with the wolforigin but the percentage of wolfblood-content doesn´t say anything about the real content of wolfgenes it is a fictiv number and nothing else. If you follow this argumentation it would be 100% for absolutely every dog breed.
Example: female (30% wolfblood) x male (30% wolfblood)=offspring with 30%
Offspring with 30% x offspring with 30% = next generation with 30%.
That won´t change as long as we breed them without adding any wolf or other breed. Do you really think a dog with 30% in 50 years will really conain 30% genes of wolfes? I don´t.
Following this example: Absolutely every dog on this world is offspring of wolfs, that means doing ist correctly absolutely every dog has a wolfcontent of 100%.
So for me this percentage of wolfblood doesn´t make any real sense at all but it can cause trouble with stupid people.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 20:56   #7
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka
I want more adds about : for example trailers for dogs, dogs equipment, cars for dogs , or adss what have relation to wolfdogs.
I do not understand what you mean, Hanka. You want commercial advertisements on this website? Even if it is about things for dogs?

Personally I am very happy, that I do not have to watch stupid adds at least on this website, when it flashes at me practically everywhere on the world wide web.

Regarding the % of wolf blood, we all know it is only fictive number and does not say anything about the dogs at all. I suppose to make everyone happy, the % of the wolf blood could show only to registered users on certain levels, let´s say breeders and up. Like that not every newbie who just signed up to make problems, will see the number.
Old 01-03-2007, 21:03   #8
Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
Regarding the % of wolf blood, we all know it is only fictive number and does not say anything about the dogs at all. I suppose to make everyone happy, the % of the wolf blood could show only to registered users on certain levels, let´s say breeders and up. Like that not every newbie who just signed up to make problems, will see the number.
It will be showed for the registered user only.
But we though the best solution of this problem can be additional information which will show how many generations are between the specific dog and wolf....
So for example there will be no problem if a dog will be 30% of wolf blood if the distance between him and real wolf will be (for example) 10 generatons... It will show that all our "Wolfdogs" fulfil the requirements even of the most 'restrictive' countries which say "F1-F4 crossings are not allowed"....

Old 01-03-2007, 23:00   #9
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

About the red x in the database, when you see the offspring list it appears, but when you will see the details of the dog, nothing mention if this dog is alive or death, is needed see in the offspring list of the parent's for know if the dog is live or death, so, why not put this red x in another local in the data of the death dog?
Still about the red x, is a little bit crazy alone think in it, but is still a idea, will be very interessing try to put the moctive of the death, if was by illness, if was naturally etc etc, but I believe, will be very difficult ( or impossible, for the more old dogs)
In the dogs with certificate, someone search for certificate, others search for the dogs, so, will be interessing put a option for search too for certificates, not only for name.

I agree to not show for all people the wolf percentage, that's cut some person who only whant a "wolf" and search a dog by his wolfblood.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 23:02   #10
Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa
About the red x in the database, when you see the offspring list it appears, but when you will see the details of the dog, nothing mention if this dog is alive or death, is needed see in the offspring list of the parent's for know if the dog is live or death, so, why not put this red x in another local in the data of the death dog?
Yes, we already though about it and if a dog is death it will be written. Additionally also the date of death and the reason (if we will have such data) will be showed there...

Old 01-03-2007, 23:51   #11
Dharkwolf

Send a message via ICQ to Dharkwolf Send a message via MSN to Dharkwolf Send a message via Skype™ to Dharkwolf

A breeding simulator - namely an option which allows you to predict the wright coefficient of any given cross and maybe gives you a view of the "possible" pedigree of the pups.

I know a lot of people have trouble calculating the wright coefficient and avoiding serious inbreeding in their matings, so this would be something very useful, and probably not too hard to implement as the site already does all of this already.
Old 01-03-2007, 23:56   #12
Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharkwolf
A breeding simulator - namely an option which allows you to predict the wright coefficient of any given cross and maybe gives you a view of the "possible" pedigree of the pups.
Yes, good idea. Such program is already finished and working (some breeders use it already). We must just make them "better looking" and it will be given to all registered breeders.... :P

Old 02-03-2007, 00:44   #13
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Verified HD results
I know anybody can send HD results.
That's really fine. But...
We "could" add a detail that is the verification of the results.
For example by allowing a link to a scan of the HD certificate or protocol (for those who have it) and add , only for high level registered users, HDA (Ver.) or HDA (-) making difference between verified or unverified results.

I can tell you lunatica is HDA, you will put it on this site but...is it true?
massimo
Old 02-03-2007, 02:26   #14
mijke

Massimo you are right But a lot of people don't have yet scans
So it is a bit impossible to check the HD info that owners send us.

But when people are realy interested (for pups ore covering) in a dog, I am sure that they will ask to see all the official papers of the owner!

And I hope when there are big diffences with the results published on this site, those people will inform us

Mijke

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:33   #15
massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke
Massimo you are right But a lot of people don't have yet scans
So it is a bit impossible to check the HD info that owners send us.

But when people are realy interested (for pups ore covering) in a dog, I am sure that they will ask to see all the official papers of the owner!

And I hope when there are big diffences with the results published on this site, those people will inform us

Mijke
That's why i just ask to put verified or not verified, it's an additional information.
I am speaking even only of scan of certification or pedigree with HD result on it, not necessarily xrays.
look, for example

Old 05-03-2007, 13:49   #16
Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo
That's why i just ask to put verified or not verified, it's an additional information.
I am speaking even only of scan of certification or pedigree with HD result on it, not necessarily xrays.
You right - we were also looking for solution of this problem... When we made the database it was clear - people send us only info about REAL HD-results. Nobody cheated because it was very easy to check the true.... But now.... I was really schocked when I get great result from breeders and later an emai from the owner "Sorry but my dog is not HD-A as the breeders wrote but HD-C"...
I'm really disgusted that some breeders are ready to lie even if in their countries there is public registry of HD-results and it is possible to check if the breeder cheats... And sometimes we get false results even from breeders which call themself to be "the top breeders" in their countries... Sad but true...

As I told - before such problem didn't exist but now...

So what we will do?
We are not interested in unofficial results. We do not put them in the database. We are interested ONLY in official HD-results. It means made by veterinarian who have the right to evaluate the hips and their results are accepted by the national kennel clubs and FCI. Such results will be put in the database.... but until the owner will send us the copy of the pedigree or official paper with the HD-result in the database card of his dog will be written "Result not verified" (simply said - the results can be false)....

I think it will finally solve the whole problem of the unhonest people...

Old 05-03-2007, 14:32   #17
Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo
So what we will do?
We are not interested in unofficial results. We do not put them in the database. We are interested ONLY in official HD-results. It means made by veterinarian who have the right to evaluate the hips and their results are accepted by the national kennel clubs and FCI. Such results will be put in the database.... but until the owner will send us the copy of the pedigree or official paper with the HD-result in the database card of his dog will be written "Result not verified" (simply said - the results can be false)....

I think it will finally solve the whole problem of the unhonest people...
That is good idea Margo, I like it. I only wish there also existed some kind of verification of the breeders. So that the future puppy owner could more easily find the difference between honest and not honest breeders. Many breeders are calling themselves "top breeders" on the net, while the reality is often somewhere else, often almost disastrously different.
Lol, I´d love to see "breeder not verified" at some of those!
Old 05-03-2007, 17:35   #18
massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
I only wish there also existed some kind of verification of the breeders. So that the future puppy owner could more easily find the difference between honest and not honest breeders. Many breeders are calling themselves "top breeders" on the net, while the reality is often somewhere else, often almost disastrously different.
Lol, I´d love to see "breeder not verified" at some of those!
ehm...HD data "theoretically" is certifiable. By this I mean that even with certificates I am never 100% sure about the results, it's easy to cheat, sometimes different countries have different measuring values.
But at least there is a certification and therefore somebody who signs a sheet and takes responsibility for the certification.
For breeders...unfortunately you can only try for yourself.
WHO can certify "good" or "bad" breeder?
too many personal interests and sympathies i'm afraid....
massimo
Old 05-03-2007, 17:38   #19
massimo

Margo....do you think to put country of Certification would be exaggerated?....
Old 05-03-2007, 18:18   #20
Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo
For breeders...unfortunately you can only try for yourself.
WHO can certify "good" or "bad" breeder?
too many personal interests and sympathies i'm afraid....
massimo
Of course you can´t do that. I was joking But it would be lovely, if it was possible, would not it.