Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law

Clubs & law Information about CzW clubs in other countries, law concerning CzW and Kennel CLub regulations...

Old 10-12-2009, 22:18   #81
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hope for the best even if Supreme Court is involved. It is ridiculous to put owners and their dogs through such things. I mean, if you are persona non grata, they will just send you back home and even pay your fare, not put you to prison and threat to kill you. And you have to do something bad to get that status...
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 17:05   #82
XaedasKSP

I would just like to precise that Saarlooses are 100 % legal in Norway since its maybe not said preciesly enough in this topic so people might think that both Saarloos and CSV are illegal while its only the CSV.

Especially when reading things like this:

Quote:
"I hope your dog and the Saarloos are safe
As aperantly this dog was first aloved to enter, and now might be killed
It sounds dagerus to be a CsV or Saarloos in Norway !?!"

People can get confused and think that both of the dogs are illegal in Norway. And I write it here cause the forum is called "wolfdog.org" and most people looking for a wolfdog end up here searching in google and so it would be bad if they got the idea that all wolfdogs are banned in Norway.
XaedasKSP jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 12:23   #83
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Olav View Post
Nope On the contrary. Like the Norwegian law on drugs the procecuted bear the responsibility of proving earned money come from other sources than distribution of drugs, the owners of assumed banned dogs or mixes thereof are responsible of proving their dogs are not. Theoretically the authoryties may sit with hands and legs crossed waiting for the evidence provided by the procecuted. And again - if there is a slightest doubt of the heritage of a assumed banned dog or mixes thereof its future life may be disputable.
--
PO
Hi Per it is very unfortunate the position of CWS in Norway, but it is not the general public you need to educate on the CWS but the authorities who make the rulings, yes public support will help but after it becomes a long battle they fall to the wayside, i had lots of support in 2001-2003 then it faded away,people lost hope and give up because it was the local government we were taking on, i was left with my wife and 3 good friends to continue our struggle for our CWS, i had to move home many times to protect my dogs from being siezed by authorities, my self and other owners risked going to prison, but we kept on phoneing and writting, in 2004 we had bit of success as we got person from local council out to look at our dogs, we did not tell him what they where, we asked him to go in with every dog, we let him take one for walk and have play about, we then asked him his oppinion and he said they are great, then we told him what they where,,,,,,,he had never heard of them, yet he had the power to remove and destroy all our dogs,,this is typical of local government laws,,, even the top authority DEFRA admitted they had never seen a CWS, when i went onto and got copy of DANGEROUS WILD ANIMAL ACT the CWS and SAARLOOS where listed, when i read all the facts they had on wolfdogs it was 99% about wolfdogs and attacks in USA, it then took over a year to get it across that the CWS was different to the wolfdogs of higher content in USA, in 2006 we got a person from the top department to visit again he seen nothing wrong with our wolfdogs, but kept saying but they are used by the army,, we said so are the GSD,,and many other breeds. IN all everyone who visited had different views in there heads as to what the CWS are and are used for, so we adventually got them all in same frame of mind that they are a wolfdog and that they are domesticated but are not for everyone, just as many other breeds of dogs are not for everyone, it is hard work to draw the ballence and to get the people who count to change there minds and there views on CWS, especially when they have been trained to do a job to remove any animals that they think has wolf content,,,again they are trained,( from photos) as not one single person who visited had every seen a CWS, they had no idea what they where till we told them,,,,, in november 2008 we had a big party the law was changed in u.k. hard work, many phone calls, lots of letters, i even got articles put in dog magazines, i had letters from vets, breeders in Europe, friends who had visited, we just kept up a constant pressure on the authorities, not over the top ,but just a pain in there ass once a week every week, to let them know we where not going away.....it took long time, and i admit many times i felt like just giving up, but when i would go out and see my wolfdogs and have a play, it puts fire back in your heart and makes you more determand to go on. select your team, one writes the letters, one makes the phone calls, one must seek visit from local authority, this can be tricky and we done it on nuteral ground to protect owner and dog, but it paid off, also you have CWS used in advertising, in films, rescue work, dont forget all the dog shows all over the world they can attend and at all levels including world dog show,,, gather every scrap of evidence you can get for you will need it all, and draw a big line between what they bred and own in USA. good luck if we can help contact us.
on a brighter note i tried to up load a pick to the web site but failed... i have trained one of my cws bitchs called IMAN to round up my chickens, photo is on my web site, best regards Paul and Mandy u.k.
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 23:17   #84
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav

Hi Paul and thanks for you message.

Here's a brief summary of the background.

Prior to 1990 there were no general law of how to keep dogs in my country. There were a lot of regulations "hidden" inside other laws, like laws for protecting the wild life, livestock, animal welfare, neighboring, park regulations etc etc.

By the mid 1980 several countries implementet laws on dagerous dogs - and Norway followed the general trend by prohibiting "fighting dogs" like the Pitbull and three more "excotic" breeds nobody at that time haven't heard of. Today no one - even the Kennel Club or our Authorities can explain the reason of the Norwegian ban - the couple of dozen Pitbulls residing inside our border made no harm to anyone.

By mid 1990 our lawmakers decided to put all regulations related to dogkeeping in one general law.

By 1990 a kid aged 5 was killed by a Polar dog breed while playing unattende inside the courtyard of his divorced mother's home. The dog was owned by the mothers new friend and the animal had earlier shown aggressiveness against people.

Ten years later a boy of seven was killed and partly eaten by a pack of mutts.

The appointed Minister of Justice invited the fathers of the both killed boys and a third one whose little kid was attacked and badly injured by a dog as the Ministry's advisors when preparing the dog law. At a later stage another one attended the group. This one declared himself as a supporter of our national "federation of wolf haters" and popped up like a Jumping Jack anywhere and everywhere declaring the most reasonable way of preventing dog bites was by banning certain breeds and for sure wolfdogs must be banned due to their inheritance frrom the wolf and its history of a dangerous specie. In particular the csv which he wrote had a bad reputation as "killer dog of Eastern Europe Armies" should be banned. His view was supported by the "group of fathers" refering to attacks made by American wolfdogs.

Several meetings were arranged but none the arguments of the Kennel Klub, experts and others made any influence on the Ministry's decission: banning certain breeds was the best way of making an end to fatal dogbites. To end this story: The Amstaff was banned by the request of the Police due to its close relation to the previously banned Pitbull, and the csv by the request of the Ministry's advisors.

By now a new situation has occured which may make a change if properly handled by the Kennel Klub and our experts. But for time beeing my lips are sealed cause it's a matter of police investigation and most likely a possible case for the psyciatrics
--
po

Last edited by Per Olav; 22-12-2009 at 15:06.
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 21:56   #85
Per Olav

Send a message via MSN to Per Olav
Default Majlo goes to Poland

The Supreme Court of Norway has decided to let Majlo free. As some of you know the by Norwegian government banned American Staffordshire Terrier illegally crossed the Norwegian border accompanied by his Swedish owner. Because of this the police requested the dog put to death. After 11 months of secret sheltering the dog is now free and will stay in Poland by a brother of the owners boyfriend. This video show the reunion of the dog and his masters.

The Norwegian Department of Police inform that the law now will be revised. Most likely not in favor of dogs accidentally crossing the border accompanied by owners not familiar to Norwegian laws.
--
po
Per Olav jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 22:03   #86
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Congratulations to Mijlo and fam

Best regards / Mikael
Old 28-01-2010, 22:50   #87
Rona
Distinguished Member

Great news!!! What a relief...

On the other hand, it won't probably be easy for the owners to regain Majlo's confidence in them... so much unnecessary suffering, costs, effeorts!

Quote:
The Norwegian Department of Police inform that the law now will be revised. Most likely not in favor of dogs accidentally crossing the border accompanied by owners not familiar to Norwegian laws.
Do you mean there'd be no hope for a Majlo or another wolfdog?

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 17:20   #88
XaedasKSP

Just for the information there is a page on facebook about the Saarlooses (where CSVs are also mentioned) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...2646809&ref=mf which is absolutly free of the "army of wolfhaters" and I think that facebook is also a nice place of informing people about the Saarlooses and CSVs since they are such wonderful dogs that when more people will know about them they will become so popular that no one will be able to forbid them if they dont forbid Rotweilers, Dobermanns and even GSDs before that.

There are also some facebook pages about the CSV but noone of them is a "Orginally Norwegian page"

1. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi....3549669755..1

2. http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Cz....3549669755..1

3. http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Cz....3549669755..1

(By the way before anyone politically comments my avatar on facebook, its there just as pure irony that facebook dont allow "very right side symbols" but they think its absolutely ok to have a pic of the greatest massmurderer in history (Stalin murderd more people that Hitler&Mao together) and this is not a political comment just explanation for people who might wonder why the ironic avatar I have on facebook)

Last edited by XaedasKSP; 03-02-2010 at 17:27.
XaedasKSP jest offline   Reply With Quote