Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 01-12-2009, 01:20   #1
Kootenay

Default Curious about missing Bonitation codes on website

Hello all,
I am wondering about the dogs listed on this website that have "data not available" in place of bonitation codes, and also for HD. I have gathered that the bonitations from some countries are not accepted, but the dogs that have nothing there - have they simply not done bonitation (yet?) or is the data just not up yet? And also it seems like there are many dogs with no HD info either. Once again, have they simply not been tested or more likely have the results not been sent in for it to show up here? Because I thought I read somewhere that litters from dogs with no HD or bonitation codes wouldn't be listed, but I see many litters of that sort listed.
Just curious as a hopefull future owner!
Thank you
Kootenay jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:42   #2
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

I will try to reply, but I'm not 100% sure.
Quote:
have they simply not done bonitation (yet?) or is the data just not up yet?
I think we can meet both cases, my dogs as exemple never had passed bonitation in their life because its simply impossible by now so they will have this data empty untill I do it with then.
I think that if I dont do it with the acnoledge of the club, and with a judge accepted by the slovak or czech club, this bonitation will not be valid, and will show like an X in the database.
So, all dogs with X in the database are dogs with not recognized bontiations.
Maybe and not all times you also can meet some dogs that still don't have the results published, because the bonitation was so recently and admin didn't had time for do it yet.

Quote:
And also it seems like there are many dogs with no HD info either. Once again, have they simply not been tested or more likely have the results not been sent in for it to show up here?
Well, there you can see some different cases:
1- Dogs that didn't reach the minimal age for make the HD and ED results, minimal age that will depend of the country rule.
For some countries the result can be done with 12 months, I find it a mistake because it didn't select, some others the minimal age is 15, its already ok but I dont believe much in these results, on others countries the results are made with 18, these are ok, they can change a little but are rare the cases that it happened, and with 24 months, that its the most correct.
Anyway, with 18 months its already ok, its 95,5% of the results be right, normally those 4,5% of changes are more common in molossers.
So, you need see if the dog have the correct age and so evaluate if he was suppose to have the HD and ED results or not.

2- Some cases of people which evaluate the dog, but the results are not good and so they decide to don't publish it.

3- Some people have do the results in the correct age, but their country are too burocratic that the return of the result is really slow, in my country it can arrive to one period of 1 year waiting the oficial paper, my luck is that they had published it online in german shepherd club because of a mistake in the breed cadastre.

Quote:
Because I thought I read somewhere that litters from dogs with no HD or bonitation codes wouldn't be listed, but I see many litters of that sort listed.
The database is actualized time to time, but seems that the add of the litters is independnt of the actualization of the database, so, sometimes teh breeder had sent the results to the admin, the results are known but the database was not actualized, so the litter will be announciate without the HD and ED untill the database be actualized.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:24   #3
Kootenay

Thank you, that definitely helps to clear it up a bit! I was mistaken about the not publishing litters that haven't been tested, I found the thread again it said they would not publish stud dogs that didn't have HD scores. Oops
Old 16-12-2009, 23:20   #4
Kootenay

I'm curious what the bonitation code X (sm) means? I know that this is what it says underneath it - "This bonitation code comes from 'svod mladych'. The code is not official yet and may change in the future."...but do all the codes from "svod mladych" say x(sm) or are there different codes, and if there are then what do they mean?
Thank you!
Old 17-12-2009, 09:04   #5
leila
http://www.tobrok.sk

on "svod mladých" or puppy bonitation you can get only "excelent" or "very good" - in Slovakia. In Czech republic, you get on "svod" something like bonitation code, but its still a puppy, so this code can change.
Old 17-12-2009, 13:06   #6
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

The X means that the bonitation is not recognised by this site...wofldog.org standards.
What the standards for wolfdog.org really are i don't know exactly but anyway, practically all the bonitations held in Italy in the last 4 years by the official Italian Club are considered not recognized or not official, although made by official judges with names like Monika Soukupova, Jindra Jedlichka or Anna Simackova
It's a long story of love and hate and bla bla bla...really it's better not to start another long disgusting thread as some recent ones.
All i can say to you is that considering that Slovakia and Czech republic do not care much about foreign Bonitations, for example I know for sure (said many times in other threads...maybe you can look up some threads) a male stud from abroad can be used if he complies to the breeding requirements in his country of origin, which means a czech breeder can use a french male without bonitation because in France it's not a requirement for breeding, it's just an important "help" for breeders and owners to know how their dogs comply to standard
massimo