Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 12-03-2010, 16:43   #1
draggar

Default Please post in English here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
salut camion que je ne pense pas que vous êtes grossier pour signaler sur le forum anglais je peux utiliser le traducteur et ainsi peux chacun autrement ainsi sentir le respect libre Paul R-U
(Please note - this post is not directed solely at you, Solowolf).

I ran your post though Babelfish and it didn't make a lot of sense so I ran it by a friend who knows French and it was a little clearer (but what's up with "truck"?).

Quote:
greeting truck(camion) - I do not think that your post is not rude in the English forum I can use the translator and so I can sense your freedom to say what you said.
This forum has several sections for seperate languages and this is the English forum. Yes, we can use translators but they always don't do the job or can they might not get the true message across (i.e. truck / camion?).

We all can't learn several languages, I do know some Spanish but not a lot, but I do know if I felt I could contribute to a discussion in the Spanish subforum, I'd try to post in Spanish (I'd probabaly butcher the language, too). I'll even use a service like Babelfish if I'm not sure as opposed to posting in English and expecting everyone else to translate on their own (or post in both languages?). I've noticed (from experience with several international forums and emailing wiht people in other countries) that most errors will be verb conjugation (like "I is thinked") or word order (Red house is OK in English but in Spanish it is house red (casa roja)). Even with these mistakes, readers will be able to get the point of the message.

So please, post in English here so all of the memebrs of this section can read and contribnute if needed. Language barriers can be a pain (wouldn't it be nice if we had a real Babel fish or universal translators?) and I wouldn't be posting this if there wasn't seperate forums for different languages but this one was created for people to post in English.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 20:24   #2
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I wonder if it would feasible/possible/useful to create an "international" forum of sorts - one in which all languages could be used in a single place? Might be a bit crazy and confusing, but....I certainly know how intimidating it can be to try and send a message in a different language...even with a translator. But sometimes, things come up on other language forums which one wants or needs to respond to...with Google translate, I can follow most forums roughly - I can read French/Spanish well enough on my own to translate from French/Spanish to English, but probably not the other way. English has always been the "international" forum on here, well before us native speakers popped up - I like that aspect, and don't mind broken English, or responses in other languages on here - but maybe there is a more "netiquette friendly" way?