Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 12-12-2008, 01:07   #21
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfin View Post
Only DNA test help for You in UK and USA.
who speak breeder... not all thime be true. And if I mas buy pupps from UK, only with DNA test. (like and in others countrys )
all the CWS in uk are originally from Europe have pedigree and export pedigree from FCI, the pups from these dogs will now be registered by uk kennel club and have pedigrees, how many CSW in Europe DNA tested ? not a lot,, and how come we see dogs not pure CWS with pedigrees in Europe? please tell us in uk how this happens? the CWS to be registered in uk are all pure bred we make sure of this, i breed my bitch with reputable breeder from Holland, we import male from reputable breeder in Europe for second litter, all dogs health tested, we look at pedigrees and photos on wolfdog.org before we buy from Europe, so we take all steps to make sure we have pure dog, look on this site and see now many variations of the breed in Europe, small dogs, dogs with no substance, CWS that are timid and shy, look at many new up comming health problems and just over last 5-8 yrs, many posts asking about health problems, so all is not o.k. in Europe, i only wish it was, but here in uk we have great opertunity to breed only from good health tested dogs, if health problem is on tests then no pups from the breeding if done will be registered by kennel club, we have only 28 CWS to DNA so at present we are doing well in uk, thank you regards pacino

solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:01   #22
solowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildenmorgen View Post
Oh yes, I will definitely "do my research" when I buy or breed - for myself. Here is the problem: The AKC requires DNA testing before registering litters from foreign born litters. But after that, if both parents are born in the US, no DNA test is required to register with the AKC - only the pedigrees of the dam/sire have to be sent in, no DNA tests, no health results, no show or training results. This system is very flawed, and while it may never be a problem for my own eventual breeding program, it could become a huge issue for the breed overall in the US, especially if a dishonest breeder registers a crossed litter as pure, and one of the dogs bites or attacks someone - it would be a huge scandal.

This is the reason I try to know as much about the dogs in the US and Canada as I can. I want to know about the dogs in the UK too, because many Americans look to the UK next as a place to import CSVs from - not because of the quality of dogs, or any other good reason, but mainly because they are scared of the language barrier, and don't realize that many people outside of the UK in Europe also speak perfectly good English...

All the best,
Marcy
in uk in past 6 yrs there has only been 3 litters of pure CSVs bred, two by myself , we stopped breeding programe as we wanted to increase the gene pool no sense in producing pups all related bad news,,, we are now concentrating on importing more dogs which we are doing right now, we can put breeding restrictions on pups we breed, this restriction is with the kennel club, to get restriction lifted so you can breed, the dog must have all health tests done, if all is o.k. the dog can be used to breed from, if it fails or if new owner does not have health tests done then any pups bred will be refused registration papers and pedigrees, the kennel club in uk agree to this for us. so in future you will have no fears of buying dogs from u.k. if buying dog from u.k. you can ask kennel club direct for proof of pedigree via email, also will be all results of health tests from both parents and microchips of parents and dog or pup you wish to buy, any breeder of pure dogs will supply you with this information and you can varify it with kennel club, you can also check pedigrees on wolfdog.org, you can then work back and see what parents and grand parents look like, my second litter i wanted to improve on coat and hight, i checked for weeks on this site i seen dog and then looked at pedigree, then went back to see grand parents and so on, and i went to Holland and used dog from VanGOVERWELL kennel, i got what i wanted a fantastic litter, improved dogs. i have been breeding dogs for 34 yrs and still learning,,, we will have the CSVs at discoverdogs at crufts in 2009 and have articles going into magazines to promote the breed, 2009 will be the year for the CSVsin u.k. we took 6yrs to change the law now our dogs will demand the respect they deserve and all the dangerous wild animal crap is gone for good,,,,,,,,,,pacino
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:38   #23
elf

Quote:
the dog must have all health tests done, if all is o.k. the dog can be used to breed from
Which health diseases are tested ? What are the tests and protocols for them ?

What is the list of health trouble that will forbid a dog to breed, and what is the list of health trouble that will not forbid a dog to breed or under which conditions ?
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote