Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 21-11-2008, 02:23   #1
mijke

Default Objective info about litters and breeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
By the way I really don't think they will acept and put online a information about a new litter which haven't been sended by the breeder like that.
Nor even that they would put wrong the number of puppies.
Since years it was possible in Holland to buy the pedigree book of a breed of every year from the Dutch kennel cub. (most of the time people did buy these books of their own breed club)
Since 2004 everybody can buy every year a pedigree CD online direct from Dutch kennel club with updates of a year. (breeding clubs can buy this very cheap and private people for 39,95 €)

And on this CD you can find out all the litters of every breed that did get a pedigree in that year.
On the CD you can find breeder name (and address) and all their litters of a year (with puppy names, sexes, chip and pedigree numbers) . Besides litters there is also the info of every dog who was imported and registered in Holland.
Because of the European privacy rules you only can’t find info of a breeder of the person who did import. But there is not any info about new owners of puppies.

I buy every year this CD, and we are very glad that we now have the possibility to collect all CsW litters and number of puppies of every year who did get a Dutch pedigree (even of breeders who don’t cooperate with wolfdog!) And this was very helpful to add the missing info about Dutch CsW’s in this database.

The last year I did try several times to get also the info of the kennel clubs of France and Belgium. (my knowledge of French is not to well, so I did ask a French speaking breeder to cooperate and help me) But till now everything without any result!!!!

So I hope that all readers here maybe can help! Maybe you all can contact the organization in your own country who is responsible for pedigrees, to ask for info about litters with pedigrees.
And maybe you can convince them with your own arguments (in your own language) that it is possible conform European privacy rules to give that info! Because also the Dutch kennel organization is working conform this European rules.

In the past the dutch kennel organisation did have even info litter, pedigree, and health info "online", but people did abuse this.. (to harm specific breeders). So they did stop with this, because it was against privacy rules.
But they did find out that CD with litter information was not against any European privacy rules.

So.... who else in other Europe countries will help the CsW breed and international community , with more objective info about the CsW breeders and the litters in their own country ??????

Please contact your own breeding organisation with questions to give objective info about all born new litters in a year

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 03:00   #2
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

If You need info about LT wolfdogs, please contact with me.
Old 21-11-2008, 09:13   #3
michaelundinaeichhorn

The VDH gives that lists in a book since many years. As a breeder you get it for free but everybody can buy it for I think 5 Euros. If you contact Mr. Freimuth of the VDH (he is listed on the VDH-website) he will send it to you.

Greetings Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:15   #4
elf

In France we are thinking of something, take WD DB as a root and add informations about French CsV (HD, ED, DNA ...), but there are still the same drawback to take care: false informations (from breeders ...), so I don't know where it will go, I currently think not far as too few people seems interested to be involved.
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 12:03   #5
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
but there are still the same drawback to take care: false informations (from breeders ...), so I don't know where it will go, I currently think not far as too few people seems interested to be involved.
False information is not a big problem if you have the possibility to check the data.... All they can falsify is just the name of the dog, number of the puppies, date of birth and parents... But believe me - we correct it pretty fast and such info is not very important (distinct from false information about the HD-results)...

About people who are involved - we get many information sent to us directly by the breeders which really care to have proper information about their kennels listed in the database... As "thank you" we advertise their litters, post adult dogs looking for new homes and we give their some additional features which can help them by their work as breeders.
But really huge work make people who check the infromation and offer us official data not about their kennels only but about all litters in their countries... Best example of such volunteers you can see in this topic - thanks to the people which wrote posts here we had the possibility to correct and add many info about dogs in their countries.. and there are more people which help us to have current and correct information in the database...
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote