Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Wolves and wolfdogs > Saarloos Wolfhound

Saarloos Wolfhound All about Saarloos Wolfhounds

Old 17-12-2008, 20:44   #41
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo View Post
And some Kennel Clubs allow registering mixes (not only canadian wolf mixes but also husky-german-shepherd dog-something mixes and Saarloos mixes) the breed club in the origin country want to achieve so that at last in Slovakia there will be only PURE Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs. And so far I know Czech CzW Club will join them too...
Register as what ??? CsV

Which clubs

Regards / Mikael
Old 17-12-2008, 23:23   #42
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
there u go again smart a.. i own a wolf park pacino
And you treat czechoslovakian wolfdogs as wolves so. I'm sure you're in the wrong breed.
great you own a wolfpark So, in what the mate between Kizzy and CzW will help the wolves? Why have you need buy kizzy from a wolfhybrid breeder when wolfparks and zoos commonly make only changes between animals? and, as michael quest how many "wolves" you have?
Old 18-12-2008, 00:25   #43
Bugle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
The "wolf" of the photo isn't Kizzy but a brother or sister of her, borning at the same litter as the proper site say.
Even by the photos she seems be different of her sister/brother.
Sorry Nebulosa, but I am confused. You posted a link to the Cypress Creek website, to a page of photographs. There are three photographs with the caption "owned by Luis and Paul Winder". The point I am making is the animal in these three photographs is not Kizzy. Kizzy is a pure wolf, the animal in these photographs I would say is a wolf cross.

Are you saying that all these animals are Kizzy's litter brothers and sisters, but that Kizzy is not shown in any of those photographs?

I am very confused here !
Bugle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 00:28   #44
Bugle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Just another something like F2-F4 cross.

As you may know wolves trade is under CITES-1973 regulation (and in the UE by the CE 338/97)
No, I have met Kizzy, she is pure wolf.
Old 18-12-2008, 00:38   #45
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

The animal that is write "owned by Luis and Paul Winder" at Cypress creek wolfdogs is kizzy, you can even find the same photos at Pauls site

But she was yung in these photos and that's why you probably will see a lot of differences of the kizzy you see now, even in the first photo I put here that is she addult with a puppy.
She comes from Cypress creek wolfdog breeder, and this "wolf" is the brother or sister of Kizzy

Old 18-12-2008, 00:48   #46
Bugle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
The animal that is write "owned by Luis and Paul Winder" at Cypress creek wolfdogs is kizzy, you can even find the same photos at Pauls site

But she was yung in these photos and that's why you probably will see a lot of differences of the kizzy you see now, even in the first photo I put here that is she addult with a puppy.
She comes from Cypress creek wolfdog breeder, and this "wolf" is the brother or sister of Kizzy

Beautiful animals, both of them, but the wolf cross featured does not look like the Kizzy I met. For a start, the age doesn't match up, the coat is completely different, the markings are different, Kizzy's ears are much smaller than this wolf cross. I have owned several high % wolf crosses myself in the past, and never have any of them changed so dramatically and completely as the "Kizzy" in this photograph ! The only feature that is the same is the eye colouration and the nose, everything else is completely different.
Old 18-12-2008, 01:12   #47
Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle View Post
Beautiful animals, both of them, but the wolf cross featured does not look like the Kizzy I met. For a start, the age doesn't match up, the coat is completely different, the markings are different, Kizzy's ears are much smaller than this wolf cross. I have owned several high % wolf crosses myself in the past, and never have any of them changed so dramatically and completely as the "Kizzy" in this photograph ! The only feature that is the same is the eye colouration and the nose, everything else is completely different.
This wolfcross is the full brother or sister of kizzy, most part of the high content wolfdogs arent really high content, when you have a really high content hybrid, with good selection you can get most part of the puppies really similar to wolves, almost impossible to distinguish it from a real wolf... but unhaply for the "breeders" not all litter will be so wolfish and little dogish details can appear.
The coat can have a huge difference, principally when the hybrid travel for a different country of wich it born, even in CzW you can see this difference, look at the dogs that born in Israel at Belij Klik kennel.
Timber wolf in their hole life can have a lot of difference in coat and even in marcation according to his age, climate contidions, place he life and between sumer and winter, but even with all this difference some points principally at mask continue without any change their hole life, and is used as identifications for the others.
Old 18-12-2008, 01:17   #48
Bugle

I agree absolutely with what you say, but I have had wolf dogs of varying percentage in the past, and I know a wolf when I meet one.!! There are many similarities in terms of behaviour between my wolfdogs and Kizzy, but there is not a shadow of a doubt in my mind that Kizzy is a pure wolf. Or at the very worst a very high percentage F1, such that there is no difference.