Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Living with a CzW....

Living with a CzW.... Stories as forewarnings for future owners.... everything about the character of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs

Old 15-11-2010, 21:04   #1
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari
Default Share your stories about your demon puppy.. :)

Just a fun thread to share your worst, funniest, or best experiences with a young CsV puppy.

It would be nice to see what potential owners are looking at in the future....

I saw on the main page "stories" link, where someone's CsV dog had put a hole in their waterbed to drink the water!

So please share your experiences with your puppy/puppies.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 21:38   #2
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

Hello,

is odd, when I think of my dogs being pup, the first things which return to me they are their silly things ....

truths little devils

martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 03:06   #3
Gypsy Wolf

Default Do they EVER grow out of wrestling???

So Luna is a little over a year now and Pollux is about 10 and a half months... it seems they just wrestle, wrestle, wrestle until they are out of steam. Does this end up settling down as they age or is it a breed who remain playful like this forever?
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 10:01   #4
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
So Luna is a little over a year now and Pollux is about 10 and a half months... it seems they just wrestle, wrestle, wrestle until they are out of steam. Does this end up settling down as they age or is it a breed who remain playful like this forever?
But Sara, they are still (smal) puppy´s

And yes whit age they will But I do not know which age yet
but I think 2,5-3 year of age...

Best regards / Mikael
Old 26-01-2011, 12:13   #5
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

They usually calm down at 3-5 years, depends. Mine got much calmer after teh first puppies, they exhausted her in this way ;o)

Do you want bad demon stories, or funny demon stories? Cause I think they all turn funny after a time. My worst terrible memory was when Frei had her first litter, one of the bitches stayed longer with us as she was sick, so she was around 3,5 months when we went for a walk near a river that was flooded a couple of weaks back. No problem, until Frei found a dead fish, that was slowly getting to the stage when it would be able to crawl away ;o) Of course, she called the young one over, to "tech her interesting stuff", and showed her how to roll in it. Small one was a quick learner, so she did well, and Frei like a good mother decided that Brui can eat the fish as a treat. We caught them just then. It took two people to get the fish out of Brui's mouth - one keeping it open, the other one pulling the fish literally out of her throat. After washing my hands three times I still couldn't touch any food as they were still smelly - and I wasn't the one touching the fish. And Brui was sleeping in my room = in my bed! Fortunately, I found out that the dead fish smell washed out using low-pH soap, and the wet-dog smell was roses in comparison. So after a half-our in a shower this story turned the funny kind...
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 18:10   #6
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

I am sure I've told these stories here before, but well, they are worth repeating
When I got Brukne, at our home also lived a nice trio:

Dorje, Pema and Žiežula (I got this iguana nearly dead, suffering from various diseases, but managed to cure that amazing green thing).
Guess where are they now?
Yes you are right...

Brukne's sister Maja (Walmaj) had maybe her best show ever when she had some diarrhea. Then she decided to eat... IT. And then womited AT HOME. Sorry if anyone is eating while reading this.

Ah, something more.
Brukne made a little hole in a cardbox and managed to place the trousers there:

Almost forgot. When Brukne was still very young, once she found a special mushroom (by the way, it has a non-scientific name, meaning "wolf mushroom") and rolled in it. The smell of it is, well, like someone pooped, vomited and died, and been like this for few months in sunshine. After washing her in a stream (many times) and bath with shampoo (few times) she stopped smelling. Until she got wet. So every time she got wet (rain, snow, river) she started to smell just like this dead-vomiting-poo thing. For maybe 5-6 months. Hate that mushroom.

Last edited by Vaiva; 27-01-2011 at 18:15.
Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 21:04   #7
Juniorwolf

My photos disappear when I upload them here, so you will have to do with the story alone...

As my oldest dog(Uno z Molu Es) were puppy, I wanted to keep him busy as I went shopping, so I bought him some ox-skin "bones" and it actually worked fine ...well maybe it worked a little too good, as one day I were away a little longer than usual, he ran out of bones(I suppose), but smart as a wolfdog he just found some other ox-skin ...my sofa
So when I came home all the leather(who was supposed to be wrapped around the sofa) was laying in one big pile in the cornor of my livingroom and the sofa was upside down in the opposite end of the room.
Gotta love those little bastards
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 22:13   #8
Rona
Distinguished Member

This afternoon Jing heard all our "puppy stories" with Lorka lying under the table and pretending she had nothing to do with them

I hope tomorrow she'll drop her demo version so that Jing will get a little bit better prepared for her own little demon.

Last edited by Rona; 27-01-2011 at 23:02.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 02:00   #9
Gypsy Wolf

A few months ago my friend had her septic tank pumped - it had clogged due to a huge tree root that had grown into it and blocked the flow... well they came out and opened up the tank and removed the giant poop-and-pee-swollen tree root and left it next to the giant hole...
After the workers left, Pollux was loose in the backyard with the rest of the dogs (and me)... none of the OTHER dogs went near the hole and the disgusting root, but Pollux got a sniff of it and before I could do anything, he threw himself into the mess - excitedly rubbing his shoulders into the CRAP. By the time I was able to get him away from the cesspool mess, he was literally BLACK (not to mention horribly stinky). I SWEAR he was SMILING - he was obviously so proud of his septic tank smell, he practically pranced to me, flaunting his new look and scent.
It took Lemon Dawn heavy duty grease-cutting dishwashing liquid to get the crap out.
Old 28-01-2011, 20:55   #10
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Talking

Ooooo Noooo, posting soon Jing will go home whitout a Wolfdog puppy

Jing... Hronec did newer do nothing, I promise X

Best regards / Mikael
Old 29-01-2011, 01:20   #11
Gypsy Wolf

NOTHING prepares you appropriately for a Vlcak! I can honestly say I have raised and trained MANY different breeds (and combinations of breeds) and NONE of them were like a vlcak pup.
Vlcaks are just ... a little bit MORE. Smarter. Naughtier. Funnier. Goofier. Brattier.
Old 29-01-2011, 11:27   #12
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
NOTHING prepares you appropriately for a Vlcak! I can honestly say I have raised and trained MANY different breeds (and combinations of breeds) and NONE of them were like a vlcak pup.
Vlcaks are just ... a little bit MORE. Smarter. Naughtier. Funnier. Goofier. Brattier.
+ more passionate + more mischievious + more loveable, etc. etc.

Mikael, I don't think Jing will withdraw now... She's already a "lost case" and today is her Ghostly Day

Old 29-01-2011, 14:19   #13
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Mikael, I don't think Jing will withdraw now... She's already a "lost case" and today is her Ghostly Day
Good, she will read all the bad things about Vlcak puppy´s when she is home in the US again

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 30-01-2011, 15:03   #14
Fede86
Entità cinofila da web...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
My worst terrible memory was when Frei had her first litter, one of the bitches stayed longer with us as she was sick, so she was around 3,5 months when we went for a walk near a river that was flooded a couple of weaks back. No problem, until Frei found a dead fish, that was slowly getting to the stage when it would be able to crawl away ;o) Of course, she called the young one over, to "tech her interesting stuff", and showed her how to roll in it. Small one was a quick learner, so she did well, and Frei like a good mother decided that Brui can eat the fish as a treat. We caught them just then. It took two people to get the fish out of Brui's mouth - one keeping it open, the other one pulling the fish literally out of her throat. After washing my hands three times I still couldn't touch any food as they were still smelly - and I wasn't the one touching the fish. And Brui was sleeping in my room = in my bed! Fortunately, I found out that the dead fish smell washed out using low-pH soap, and the wet-dog smell was roses in comparison. So after a half-our in a shower this story turned the funny kind...

Mine rolled on a half decomposed dolphin washed up on the shore I whish I had known the smell goes away with low pH soap... we had to live with it for days
Fede86 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 15:14   #15
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede86 View Post
I whish I had known the smell goes away with low pH soap... we had to live with it for days
That's why I tell everybody. It occurred to me, as usually to get rid of the strong fish smell in cooking, lemon juice is used. So what is important in lemon juice? The smell - nice but doesn't override the fish smell - and the citric, ascorbic and other acids, which equals to low pH. But of course you cannot bath a pup in lemon juice, or vinegar, or any other household acid... So in desperation I grabbed my "woman soap" with pH 4.6 and it worked!

I never use dog shampoo, as the wolfdog coat is self-cleaning, but for the de-smelling I always keep the women's soap with me... ;o) It works on fish as well as well as manure, as I learned the hard way ;o)
Old 30-01-2011, 15:16   #16
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede86 View Post
Mine rolled on a half decomposed dolphin washed up on the shore I whish I had known the smell goes away with low pH soap... we had to live with it for days
For washing my dog after her "natural perfume baths" I use fragrance-free 3,5 pH intimate hygiene wash It's much more effective than ordinary soap

I doubled your post Sashia

Old 30-01-2011, 17:58   #17
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
It's much more effective than ordinary soap :lol
That's because ordinary soap has a "neutral pH of 7.3" (not neutral of course, only relative to the skin maybe), or even more basic. The better the soap is for normal washing, the more inefficient it is against the natural perfumes our lieblings adore.
Old 07-02-2011, 21:50   #18
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Oh my, I hadn't seen all the posts here!!!

Thanks for the low pH soap tips! I've caught the puppy trying to roll in some unknown things - nothing too gross yet, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.. I'm sure we'll need it one day soon.

In terms of organic wastes they so seem to love... we have both horses, cows, and the beach in abundance here.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 20:03   #19
DIMITRIS

Default Poop eating?

Hello! i am a new owner, after a loooot of research i am proud to have a csw little friend! my vlcak is a 3 months old female! I consider my self quite lucky because my puppy is a very fast learner, she knows basic orders, she learned right away to pee and shit in the sand box (she had diarrhea every half an hour and it wasn't possible to wait until she learns to do it during the walk...) and she may have a very intense bite-thing but i believe it is still normal and that it will disappear.
But the thing that worries me is that she eats poop, and not only hers but she gets maniac with EVERY poop she sees(dog, cat, human)! I am giving her supplements the vet suggested but she continues and that's why i am worried that it may be a bad habbit and not that she misses something in her food.. Any idea? i tried correction with "DON'T", I tried just ignoring it (i mean neither punish or approve it just by preventing it first.. but still nothing. Of course it is only 2 weeks that i have her but it may evolve to a problem because she does it (or tries to do it) all the time with excitement!...
DIMITRIS jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 23:15   #20
saschia

Dimitris - good luck. You can try distracting her from it and praising her very much if she reacts to you, but I am afraid you might end up with having to punish her for eating poop.

Was her problem with diarrhea solved? Did you have her checked up for parasites? Even with de-worming treatments, the pups are very prone to catching parasites. If she had problems for longer time maybe you can consult with vet to give her probiotics to keep her intestinal flora healthy.

And of course, good luck and welcome to the community!